Chapter 10: Sunset Shimmer's Past & Departing to Equestria

Nearly every student of Canterlot High returned to the gym for the Fall Formal...except you and Sunset Shimmer and Demon counterpart who were at the front entrance sitting down on the stairs.

Sunset Shimmer: "So what did you want to talk about?"

Xero: "Sunset, you didn't have a great life in Equestria is it true?" You asked her which makes you flinch before signing.

Sunset Shimmer: "Yes it's true, my life in Equestria was never a good one and I'm guessing Twilight told you and your friends about Equestria, who she really is and that I'm from Equestria?"

Xero: "Do you want to talk about it?"

Sunset Shimmer: "You want to listen to me?

Xero: "Yes I'm willing to listen to your story so tell me everything Sunset Shimmer."

Sunset Shimmer: "Very well then. In Equestria, I am a unicorn who was born into nobility which you think would be a good thing but for me it wasn't. My parents...were neglectful." She tells you.

Xero: "What?!" You said surprised.

Sunset Demon: "Her parents never cared for me unless I did something that was really impressive. As I grew up, I discovered I was naturally gifted with magic and it was so impressive that I became a student of Princess Celestia long before Twilight ever was. When my parents learned I was Princess Celestia's student, they were proud of me and I thought things would get better but I soon learned they used my status as Princess Celestia's student to make themselves look better amongst the other nobles." She explained.

Xero: "So your parents used you?"

Sunset Slimmer: "Unfortunately yes and to make matters worse, the other noble kids were jealous of me being Princess Celestia's student so they never wanted anything to do with me. I had no friends and my parents never truly cared for me." She said.

Xero: "Oh Sunset."

Sunset Shimmer: "Apparently my parents and their stuck up attitudes wore off on me and so I became stuck up too myself so that I felt I didn't need friends at all but I still felt something missing and that was friends. Then one day during my lesssons with Princess Celestia, I looked into the Crystal Mirror that also acts a portal here to the Human world and in it, I saw myself as an alicorn."

Xero: "Alicorn?"

Sunset Shimmer: "There are four different types of ponies in Equestria. Earth ponies which have a special connection to nature, animals and plants. Pegasus Ponies which are ponies with wings that grant them the ability to fly and walk on clouds and control the weather. Unicorn ponies which are ponies with horns on their foreheads that grants them magical abilities and lastly Alicorn ponies which is a Earth pony, Pegasus and Unicorn rolled into one. Princess Celestia herself is an alicorn and they are pretty rare in Equestria, they are so rare that when a pony does become an alicorn, Princess Celestia offers them to become a member of the royal family."

Xero: "That sounds like an amazing offer."

Sunset Shimmer: "It was...at the time. After I saw myself in the Crystal Mirror as an alicorn, I was excited because I thought I would be an alicorn soon and join the royal family which would make my parents proud and they would finally recognize me so I told my parents about what I saw in the Crystal Mirror and they were excited but now that I look back on it, my parents probably wanted me to become an alicorn so that once I become princess they would be a part of the royal family and they could get whatever they want but I didn't know it at the time. So I confronted Princess Celestia and asked her to turn me into an alicorn."

Xero: "And I take it didn't go so well?"

Sunset Shimmer: "It didn't. Princess Celestia refused to turn me into an alicorn so I told my parents and they started to pressure me into becoming an alicorn so I kept asking and asking Princess Celestia into becoming an alicorn yet she kept refusing . The none day, I heard a voice telling me to look into the Crystal Mirror again."