Chapter 24 ♡

Song of the day: Therefore I am-  Billie Eilish

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

ALLISON’S P.O.V.

“So you are leaving today?”

“Yes. In fact, I am leaving right now.”  Blake corrects me. And I ‘ooooooh’

“I’ll be meeting with Dad in Canada before going to the meeting. So I’ll face time you” He tells me.

Weeks ago dad left for Canada, with Mom, it’s absolutely right to wonder why they had both gone together and I won’t be lying if I told you it wasn’t for a vacation, which would have been nice if they went on one because they really deserve it, at least a break from all these would go a long way. They never went for one anyways. This time, work brought them together so they are busy doing their thing over there. Blake is going over for a totally different purpose.
There is this big project that comes up yearly in Canada and Blake has been dying to be on it since he became a –you know, business man. Well, he got on this year’s project and it is his once in a life time opportunity.
He is accordingly excited.

“That’s cool.” I chirrup.

It took a lot of convincing before Blake took up the opportunity. He kept ringing on the fact that he could not leave me to stay all alone. But the truth is that Seth can always come over or I could possibly spend nights in his home, which would even make going to college with him easier. He has nothing to worry about.

My heart instantly drops when I think about staying all alone in the house where it all started or coming to get something to eat in the dead silent kitchen where the main thing went down. I should be the one doing the worrying, they shouldn’t be. They can’t keep forsaking stuffs because of my insecurities. I should take care of things myself.

“Eat well.  Sleep well. I’ll be gone for a week or so.” He hugs me and mumbles over my shoulder.

“And please Allison, please. Call me if you ever need anything.” He begs me and my eyes start to water.
I don’t want to ever be a burden to my family so I lock them out whenever I have something going on.

And this time, I feel he is referring to the suspension thingy. He doesn’t have to worry about me, I will be fine. I can take care of myself.

“I know you can take care of yourself and probably feel you can take pain, but the reality is, Allison you’ve taken enough pain. So call me up, okay?” I nod and hug him skintight before pulling away.

“I will.” I tell him with a grin on my face.

“Okay, bye.” He kisses me on my forehead and head for the front door with his small travelling piece of luggage in his hands.

“Byeeeeeee” I wave at him and sigh. What to do? No teasing Blake? No Dad? No Mom?

I check the time on my phone and it’s 4:45pm. I go up the staircase, walk into my room and as a final action, I plop on my bed.  Just at that moment, a text message from Seth bops up on my phone’s screen. I pick up my phone and check the message

Seth:)

Meet me up at Allen Avenue.

Right! He couldn’t just let me have a minute to myself, it’s not like he still needs the soup. I roll my eyes and growl tiredly as I get off the bed and change from my sweat pants to skinny jeans. I start to rummage my closet, searching for a shirt to wear, but I stop searching when I spot my car keys and I start to weirdly scratch my head.