Chapter 17 ♡

Dedicated to Frivels

Song of the day: Back to me by Daya

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Clarissa's P.O.V.

After the conversation I heard at the cafe, and during it, I got so distracted that my boss had threatened to fire me.  I remained my usual self but my unusual self when I'm around the 'witch'.

My attitude whenever I'm around her changed suddenly, I had always been the shy 'oh no, don't talk to me, don't see my face, oh don't come close to me,I don't notice me' kind of person but whenever I see her I hold my head up high, sometimes giving her the 'i know everything attitude', but that only lasted till the day she found out I took her order that night and her insecurities set in.
I did alot of stupid stuffs and someone else took the fall for it!

"What do you mean?" The blonde girl queries me and I lead her to an empty bench to sit her down.

"I know you didn't go to the VC's office" I tell her and she frowns.

"Why would you bring up old iss.."

"You were at the clinic at that time" I cut her off as I rush the sentence.

"How do you know that?" She blinks fast and stares at me later on, confusedly.

"I got on Bianca nerves that day and I got injured" I tell her and chew on my tongue shyly as I regret doing that, even the thought of it embarrasses me. But I had to say it anyways.

"Now tell me how that makes sense when she wasn't in college that day. She called in sick that morning" Allison arches an eyebrow at me, I expected that. I knew she won't just believe a stranger who she mysteriously knew or came by by chance in her first year and  didn't see until now, and that mysterious person is sitting right in front of her, telling her what she knows or telling her what happened to her since the past few months wasn't a coincidence or something. I feel stupid but I have to go through with it.

"That's it, that's what she fed you with. I was actually in the chamber next to the one you got treated in." I speak up after summoning up courage to move my mouth.

"I remember you said you had some sort of allergy or something" I tell her and her eyes widens.

"Okay" she says to me after a while, judging by the way she sharply said the word I arrive at a conclusion that she has more to say, so I wait.

"I believe you being in the clinic but how does Bianca connects to all these?"   She asks curiously.

"I heard her talking with a guy. You. God. I don't know. But you." I rant for a while feeling stupid and doubtful if she would really take my words for it.

"I heard something I shouldn't have then I stupidly stood up to her and she considered me a threat" I start playing with my fingers, it takes me a while to notice she has been playing with hers also.

"What did you hear?"

"Not only hearing, I literally saw them talking about you, which she flared at first"  I sigh.

"And I started behaving stupid. I don't know why. But coming to think of it, I've always been a minor, everyone looks down on me and I'm used to it. But that doesn't mean it's okay. The fact that I fend for myself doesn't make me less human, you know. So I guess I jumped at the slightest opportunity that could make me feel major to her because I knew what she really was. But that really wasn't a good approach." Tears starts to well up in my eyes. She holds my hands and I look at her face.

"I'm sorry" she whispers faintly and I smile sadly as I shut my eyes afterwards, pushing back the tears and sniff softly.

"The point is, I really didn't understand a thing but I understood when she became popular after you got suspended, that she must have done it." I pause for a bit and sigh.

"She started acting mean to me all the time and it really got under my nerves so I made sure to get back at her. I did another stupid thing by telling the whole school."  I face down in embarrassment.

"You..."

"You?" It was a question this time.

"Yes, I did it and I'm sorry you took the fall for it, hence, why I am telling you all this"

"I'm sorry" I tell her, whispering.

Her face grows pale with every second passing and she blinks at a slow pace as her eyes glitters with tears. I couldn't differentiate if it was because of the shocking reveal or because she was feeling bad for me. I see care and pain in her eyes but her face growing more pale and showing no expression baffles me.

"I'm sorr..." I whisper again but she cuts me off and I watch her facial expression change suddenly.

"Oh, she should be the sorry one!" She snaps angrily.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends. Ily.

Special thanks to itsAlinaWarind CallistaJay SurutiSingh Sofiagenius

~Rachel❤️