•| ⊱ TWENTY-THREE

[ chapter twenty-three: hermia ]

° • ° • °

Hermia new she was dreaming again the moment she saw her best friend's old estate house. As she gazed up at the house she couldn't help but remember the times she and her best friend would run around in the gardens chasing each other. The memory made a smile appear on Mia's lips.

But what she couldn't understand was why she was here in the first place. The last couple dreams had Hermia in her old house, her parents beach house and even the garden area at the back of her house. But to be standing here, in front of her best friends house was really weird.

Hermia hasn't even seen the boy with forest green eyes since 1862, but she still remembered her friendship with him. Growing up the pair would always hang out because they're parents had been good friends. They would often spend all their time outside doing everything they could to take advantage of the morning sun. By night fall they would bring a blanket out to lay on and they would watch the stars.

Most of the time while Demetrius and Lysander where out doing young boy stuff, Hermia would always be with her best friend. Lysander had always been jealous of Mia's friendship with the boy with brown hair. But he really had nothing to worry about because the pair really only saw each other like siblings.

Besides Hermia was always destined to marry Lysander. There marriage had been arranged since they where babies. So her friendship with the young male couldn't have been more, there parents would have never allowed it.

For a short moment as she looked around the yard, she spotted the areas where she and her best friend would often spend time in. The white chairs next to the windows made her remember the time when they were sitting outside together. It had been a rainy day and instead of getting her dress muddy and wet like she wanted her best friend suggested they should read a book. Or in his case write in his journal.

Hermia could always find her best friend writing in his journal. He often told her that memories were too important, back then she wouldn't really listen to him. But now, she would have really loved to sit with him and see him write again. Now more than never she believed him. Her memories were the only thing keeping her going, but now she really wished she had the journal he'd given her. But sadly it was gone, everything from her past life was gone and she honestly didn't know what to do to get it back.

Suddenly the front door opened and it was as if Hermia was back in 1862. A wide grin appeared on her lips as she watched her best friend descend his front door steps. He was dressed exactly like how she remembered him. Everything about him made her feel warm inside, from his heartwarming smile to his forest green eyes.