•| ⊱ SIX

[ chapter six: lysander ]

° • ° • °

May 22, 1862

It had been four and half months since Lysander's date with Hermia. During this time his condition with his heart has been getting worse. He knew Hermia was desperately trying to find a cure for him with her magic, but so far she's had no luck. During the last couple months Lysander has tried to get her mind off what was happening to him. Sander knew he didn't have long and he wanted to spend every waking moment with her.

He wanted to memorize her soft features. He wanted to hold her for as long as he could. He wanted to kiss her with so much passion that he'd die happily then and there. Lysander knew Hermia felt the same way, but she didn't want to deal with all the pain that came with his death.

If Lysander died, she would be the one left with a broken heart. He knew that if she didn't save him, Mia would blame herself. He didn't want his last memory of his girlfriend, the love of his life, to be of her working herself endlessly. No, he had a plan for them to spend one last night of freedom and passion together. He made this plan because he feared that after tonight his days on this planet were numbered.

At the moment Sander was in his room fixing up the blankets on his bed when Demetrius walked in. "Hey, buddy! How you feeling today?"

Lysander turned with a smile as he looked at his best friend. Demetri placed some white bags on the table while he waited for Sander's reply. With a sigh Sander said, "I'm okay," Demetri turned towards Lysander as he took food out of one bag. "But I'm nervous. I think it might have to do with what I have planned for tonight."

Demetrius scrunched his face up in disgust. "Don't even say anything about your plans for tonight." He shuddered. "I don't like thinking about you and my sister sleeping together."

A heart stopping smile appeared on Lysander face as he shook his head in laughter. "But you're my best friend. I thought you'd want to know." By this point Sander was just teasing Demetri, but Demetrius wasn't enjoying it.

He glared playfully while saying, "Maybe if we weren't talking about my sister than I'd happily listen to how my best friend lost his virginity. But because this involves both my sister and best friend, I'm better off not knowing."

Lysander nodded in understanding as he stood from his bed. He walked up to the table Demetri was at and began placing the food on each plate. There was a silence that passed through the room. Demetri turned his head and saw the longing look in Lysander's eyes.

Demetrius sighed while patting his best friend on the back. "You okay, man?"

"I just want tonight to be perfect. It has to be because I don't want our last memories to be filled of heartache."