•| ⊱ THIRTY-NINE

[ chapter thirty-nine: hermia ]

° • ° • °

Hermia was lucky enough to shield her eyes in time, but Jason hadn't been so lucky. Once Mia had opened her eyes she noticed her blonde Superman was on the ground. In an instant Hermia ran up to him and pulled him into her lap. His head fill back slightly, but Mia placed her hand under his neck so she could look at his face. He seemed at peace, but it was a peace Hermia wasn't okay with.

"JASON!" She yelled as tears started filling her eyes. She held on to him tightly as millions of thoughts ran in her mind. She couldn't believe this was happening, again. Mia had sadly already given up on her boys. The memory of what Khione had said was still present in her mind and it hurt like hell. Mia didn't want to believe that her dreams were a lie, but Khione had pretty much convinced Mia that her boys were gone.

Hermia had chosen the good side, above her desire to get her boys back. So even if Gaea could return her boys to her, it was too late. But there was still so much she didn't understand. Like how the necklace had glowed when she put it on. It couldn't be a coincidence, but sadly Hermia feared she'd never see her boys again.

She basically lost her boys because she couldn't betray Jason and her friends. Even if there was some hope in the beginning, now it was long gone. But in this moment Mia couldn't lose Jason. She didn't want to lose him. Losing her boys and Stefan had already been enough, and there was no way in hell she was going to let Jason die on her.

"Superman, please if you can hear me wake up." But he didn't and Hermia couldn't help but cry as she called his name out again and again.

The more times she called his name the more she was losing hope. His body was steaming, his eyes rolled back in his head. She couldn't tell if he was even breathing.

"It's no use, child." Hera stood over them in her simple black robes and shawl.

Mia hadn't seen the goddess go nuclear. Thankfully she'd closed her eyes, but she could see the aftereffects. Every vestige of winter was gone from the valley. No signs of battle, either. The monsters had been vaporized. The ruins had been restored to what they were before-still ruins, but with no evidence that they'd been overrun by a horde of wolves, storm spirits, and six-armed ogres.

Even the Hunters had been revived. Most waited at a respectful distance in the meadow, but Thalia knelt by Hermia's side, her hand on Jason's forehead.

Thalia glared up at the goddess. "This is your fault. Do something!"

"Do not address me that way, girl. I am the queen-"

"Fix him!"

"Please, you have to try something!" Hermia pleaded. She didn't want to owe the goddess anything, but Mia was willing to do anything to get Jason back.