•| ⊱ SEVEN

Thank you to tiny_des19 for always leaving a comment on my chapters! I really appreciate it so this chapter goes out to you♡

° • ° • °

[ chapter seven: hermia ]

° • ° • °

Before Chiron could even get into the details on how Hermia was put to sleep. She got lost in her own thoughts. All she could think about was the last memories she had of Lysander. She could still picture his lifeless face, pale skin, and shallow breath. It hurt to think about it, but she knew she had to remember every detail. Mia had to know why she was put to sleep. Sadly she knew that reason had to do with what she did to Lysander.

"Hermia?" Jason's voice came out soft as he placed his hand on her shoulder. "Do you want Chiron to continue?" Mia only nodded because she didn't trust her voice to say anything.

"Very well." Chiron said as he took a final sip from his lemonade. "The gods had always been interested in the type of witch you would become. You're the daughter from one of the big 3 and they knew you would become one of the most powerful Demigods to ever live. So they decided to watch over you."

Mia was more than surprised to hear this, but nevertheless she stayed quiet so she could let Chiron finish speaking. "As you grew up and learned more about your powers they started to worry. They knew it would only be a matter of time before you did something reckless. And you did."

The room got deadly quite and Hermia was dying to ask what he meant. Finally he said, "Do you remember what happened on the eve of May 22nd, 1862?" Mia nodded again. Of course she remembered. She had spent the entire day searching for a spell to save Lysander. Thanks to her mother's black magic book she was able to find the right spell to save him.

"Black magic was something you weren't supposed to mess with, Hermia. The gods were furious when they found out you were planning to use the spell on a mortal." Mia didn't understand why the Gods had gotten so mad. What was so bad about saving someone's life?

"But all I wanted was to save him." Mia said as she felt tears fill her eyes.

Chiron nodded in understanding while saying, "That's the problem, my dear. You messed with the natural order of things. You messed with life and death. Lysander Royal Black was supposed to die in 1862. It was written, it was his destiny. But because you couldn't let him go, you messed with fate."

Hermia at this moment was beyond mad with what he was saying. "Are you seriously telling me that the Gods took me away from the love of my life- my family just because I wanted to save Lysander's life?!"