•| ⊱ EIGHT

[ chapter eight: hermia ]

° • ° • °

Unlike Mia who did believe Jason's dad was Zeus, the rest of the camp wasn't so sure. Everything broke into chaos, with dozens of people asking questions until Annabeth raised her arms.

"Hold it!" she said. "How can he be the son of Zeus? The Big Three ... their pact not to have mortal kids ... how could we not have known about him sooner?"

Chiron didn't answer the question, but suddenly he was looking at Hermia as if expecting her to say something. Which she didn't. "He isn't just the only one."

"What are talking about?" Asked Annabeth while casting a glance at Hermia. Mia didn't bother to gaze back at the blonde, but she could feel her eyes on the side of her face.

Chiron held his hand up toward her. "Hermia, if you please."

Hermia didn't know what he was talking about. It wasn't like her witch powers had any connection to her father. Her mother was a witch, her father on the other hand, she didn't know.

Jason glanced at Mia and watched her standing there in confusion. With a shaky breath he walked up to her and said, "Jusy try what you did earlier."

"What?" Mia furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't understand why Jason had said that. If she remembered correctly, all she did was use her magic. But the way Jason was staring at her made Mia believe that wasn't what he meant.

After thinking it over Mia remembered one part of earlier that had been weird. But because her witch powers have had a history of messing with the weather she didn't think anything of it. Water? She thought in question. Why would I be able to control water? After a moment all the pieces fell together and everything became clear. And there was one name she couldn't get out of her head. Poseidon.

But no, that couldn't be true. How could she be the daughter of the god of the sea. It didn't make sense to her. Suddenly as if sensing her doubt, part of the lake rose to an unbelievable height. Everyone stared in awe as they watched the wave that would never come. And just like that it was gone. Hermia was left drenched, with a blue trident floating above her head.

"She's a daughter of Poseidon?" Some kid yelled in question.

"And Percy's sister." Annabeth said as she watched Hermia closely. Beside her Jason had just walked up to her with a blanket. How she didn't notice he left to grab it is news to her. But than she felt the warm blanket around her shoulders and Jason's warm hand rubbing up and down her back. Mia smiled back at him in thanks while he stood beside her with a smile matching her own.

Their little moment was cut off when the camp broke out in another chaos. But thanks to Rachel everyone had soon gotten quite. "The important thing," Rachel said, "is that Jason's here now. He has a quest to fulfill, which means he will need his own prophecy."