•| ⊱ NINE

AN: Most of the description for Poseidon's cabin I got from Riordan wiki because I honestly don't remember how Percy's cabin was described.

° • ° • °

[ chapter nine: hermia ]

° • ° • °

Once Jason dropped Hermia off at cabin 3 she stood outside for a moment to take in every detail of the building. The building was a long, low building with windows facing the ocean. The cabin was made from rough sea stone, pieces of coral and seashell were embedded into the outside walls, and a trident with a big bronze number 3 was located above the door.

Hermia couldn't help but think it was a very nice building. Better then the Labyrinth and her old home that's forsure. Mia wrapped her blanket tighter around her shoulders once she felt the sea breeze blowing her way. With a shaky breath she walked through the door.

Inside the cabin Hermia was surprised to see how empty it was. But what got her attention was the interior walls that were made of abalone. Next she saw six bunk beds with silk sheets and a salt water fountain that was made out of gray sea rock. As she neared the fountain she noticed it had a fish that spouted water from its mouth. Which was also nicely decorated with coral. The bottom was filled with golden coins. Lastly sitting in the window still Mia could see underwater plants and corals.

It was a beautiful cabin, one that Mia didn't think she deserved to stay in. With a sigh Mia walked closer to the bunk beds and noticed one had a duffel bag by the foot of the bed. There was also a couple photos on the wall and as Mia picked one off she realized that the guy from the photo was her "half brother" Percy.

The photo that she had picked up had Percy, a girl that was around his age and a woman who looked a lot like Percy. In the photo Mia noticed how happy Percy looked with his arms wrapped around the girl with dark hair. The woman was smiling at the two while she had her own arms wrapped around the teens. As Mia flipped the photo to the back side she read 'End of summer vacation with mom and my beautiful girl Helena.'

Helena? Hermia remembered hearing that name once or twice throughout the day. Back then she didn't know who that girl was, but now with this photo Mia knew that Helena was Percy's girlfriend.

After placing the photo back Mia sat on the opposite side of Percy's bunk and laid down. Mia fought so hard to stay awake, but she was so tired that she didn't even realize she had shut her eyes.

° • ° • °

May 14, 1861

Mia didn't know why, but her dream had taken her back to May 14th, 1861. The thing is this wasn't a dream, it was a memory. It was the day of Lysander's fifteenth birthday. Mia remembered that day perfectly. She had decorated the house so nicely with the help of Demetrius. She had invited all of Lysander's family as well as Mia's mother and father.