28

Third pov

"is he being serious?" emily asked, hesitating as she stood by the bed, her arms remained crossed.

"yes," kayla looked at him, "i sure hope he is because if not, we'd kill him right now in broad day light, isn't that right jenny?"

"mhm." jenny hummed with attitude, "and we're starting by deleting the videos." she said as she looked at marley.

"tell me then," emily said as she sat down, "marley. why're you suddenly asking for forgiveness? what kind of plan is this now?"

marley looked at the three girls as they stared deadly into his soul, knowing how ridiculous he seemed. "i know. i know this sounds sketchy. but i swear," he said, "i don't wanna do this anymore."

though the girls highly, highly doubted he was telling the truth—only marley, and now us of course, know that he was telling the truth. only marley knew that he simply wanted to start over. the girls didn't trust him, so it only made sense for them to keep their guards up.

"why're you guys listening to him?" emily questioned, looking at jenny and kayla. "wait, how long have you been in here?" she asked.

"he showed up to my door and explained some things." kayla looked at him, "and so i texted in the group chat for a girls meeting in my room. jenny came in like a second, so marley told everything to her too."

"and what, just like that, you guys trust him?" emily said, not caring that marley was right there as she talked about him.

"trust him? you wish." jenny said, looking at marley, "but i don't think he'd lie about this." jenny added, "i mean his egos too big, why'd he open up to us?" she said in a lighter tone, making marley roll his eyes with an unnoticeable smile.

well—obviously marley must've said something to make jenny want to lighten the mood. it was like a part of jenny cared about his feelings—and though she would never want to admit that, it was true. jenny hated that she could easily see the good in people and hope for the best. she blindly did so, not knowing if marley would backstab her.

marley wouldn't, for he was being completely honest. he's been trying to restart things with jenny because he wasn't as close with her. she only came a couple of weeks ago. don't get him wrong, he knows he's done terrible things upon her arrival. emotionally and physically. even someone as cold as marley has been down about it, wanting to fix everything.

"you and i both know the old marley." kayla said in a more serious tone as she looked at emily.

"well the old marley's been dead to me ever since he got ahold of that video." emily said, cold as she looked him in the eyes while she spoke.

jenny was the only one in the room who didn't know what the video was. but once she heard emily say that she immediately figured it was of her and harry.

marley understood her anger, his face blank as his blue eyes held a look of sorrow. "i'm so sorry." he said, his words still hard to believe for jenny. emily and kayla have known marley ever since they worked here, they were all best friends before he started dating kayla. so emily knew this side of him just like kayla did. they knew he was human, knew he was emotional.

jenny didn't. jenny came in the midst of a storm where he was nothing but cold and evil towards her. she saw him as an enemy and nothing more, so it was still hard for her to believe that he was capable of being sentimental with them.

"i have no excuse for the things i've done, and i'll own up to that. i was mad at myself, and i projected the anger built up in me onto you guys." he spoke, avoiding eye contact with the people he's hurt.