1

Jenny's pov

it wasn't long before i was about to reach the dimly lit studio, hearing chatter as i approached the closed door in the long hallway. a breeze hit my exposed stomach, causing me to pull down my cropped shirt a bit. i wore a black long sleeved cropped shirt that was slightly loose around the top of my waist, my dark brown baggy sweatpants sitting low. my usual studio attire consisted of comfortable simple clothing, i needed to be dressed casually in order to write something down.

i stopped at the door, holding the straps of my bag as i tried to listen. seemed like the room was filled with men, so i decided to knock instead of just barging in.

the room went quiet, and i heard footsteps before the door opened, revealing a tall man with dark brown hair tucked into a hat. he wore sunglasses on his face, and as he let me in, i noticed he was the only one with shades in the room.

must mean he's important.

i assumed he was the main producer, he was quiet and didn't greet me. another man stood up from his chair, shaking my hand once we reached each other.

"jenny, long time no see." a familiar voice said. once the dim cold lights reflected onto his face, i recognized who he was.

"james," i smiled, "always good to be working with you."

"this is jenny, she's ghostly co- written a few of two's songs before. you all better give her a warm welcome to the team or else." he spoke confidently with humor, the three other guys smiling and letting out small laughs. the guy in the shades remained on the main computer, not paying attention at all.

"andrew." the first guy to my right said with his hand out. i shook it with a nod, the guy next to him saying "scott." in a less energetic tone, shaking my hand as well.

"and i'm marley," the last boy who remained sitting down said. i shook his hand as he scooted down to make room for me on the black leather couch.

"how old are you?" he asked.

it threw me off guard, but i answered anyways, "twenty four."

"i think you're the youngest one here— which songs did you co-write?" he asked.

"well, i did ghost write them so i think exposing the names would sort of ruin the secret." i kept a smile on my face so that i didn't come off as cocky, and he nodded in return.

"that's correct, you got me there."

i stared at the last guy, noticing he had put the hat of his black hoodie over his head, swinging in the rolling chair with his hands in his pockets.

i couldn't tell if he was looking at me, not only was it dark in here, but his shades were also pitch black. i refrained from looking at him, not wanting to embarrass myself if he was looking at me.

james began to speak, going over what they were working on at the moment and the work schedule they had. he made some jokes here and there, none of which the guy with the shades had even smiled at.

i ignored his intimidating energy, writing down notes in my little journal i used for song writing. after about what felt like an hour, i was able to form conversation with all of them, while also listening to some samples they had saved.

they asked for my opinion on them all, and i gave them my straightforward words— some being a little too harsh. thats what i was here for though, an extra point of view.

while i exchanged numbers with the three guys, the guy in the shades quietly headed out without anyone saying anything.

james sent me one of the melody samples i had interest in, and told me to go wild and write on it. when andrew, scott, and marley left the studio, i approached james before heading out.