17

Jenny's pov

harry stood in front of me, his face startled as he waited for me to answer. i heard busy conversations outside the door, everyone asking about me. i'm sure marley was really giving into the story, making everyone feel bad for him.

"what? he deserved it, i don't care!" i said back with attitude, pointing at the door behind him.

he let go of my shoulders as he let out a sigh, placing his hands on his hips while looking down at the floor. it was like he was trying to think. punching marley was an impulsive thought that i shouldn't have executed, i'll admit. but i was just so angry—i'm still angry.

harry seemed overwhelmed, not knowing what to do with me or how to handle all of this. i knew that i would probably be fired for punching a main producer in front of everyone i work with. sometimes i forget marley works here, and when i say that sentence out loud in my mind, i realize how much trouble i just got myself in. it seemed like harry was trying to think of excuses to get me out of this messy situation.

his expressions showed his stress, his eyebrows furrowed as he had his hand on his chin, trying to tune out everyones voices.

"you're not responsible for me, it's okay." i said, though he kept looking forward. "hey—please don't worry." i said as i lightly placed my hand onto his arm to get his attention.

"don't worry?" he laughed in disbelief, "how am i supposed to convince them into letting you keep your job?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"well, you did say you wanted me fired." i said with a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"it's not the time to joke right now." he said as he locked the door, placing his ear against it to hear what was going on.

"okay okay my bad." i sad as i stood next to him, placing my ear to the door too as i faced him. "but like you're harry, you know? you're the harry styles i'm sure they'll listen to you." i mumbled, joking again. he smiled in response this time as he pushed my head away, messing up my hair.

"why aren't you taking this seriously? i'm confused." he said.

"because." i shrugged, "like i said, he deserves it—actually, he deserves more than a punch in the face. like maybe getting jumped or, get this, getting drowned—"

"woah there, why do you hate him so much? am i missing something?" he asked, cutting me off.

"it's very complicated—can i go outside now?" i asked, trying to change the subject.

he sighed as he looked back at the door, unlocking it. he opened it for me, heading out first, and i followed behind him.

"what happened, what's going on?" their manager asked as he looked at me.

"um." i quietly said, the loudness of the room making me nervous.

yeah, maybe i wasn't as bold as i thought i was.

"you see she has this thing um," harry looked at me before looking back at his manager, "anger issues." he whispered as his expressions showed pity, slowly nodding his head.

his manager tilted his head a bit, almost like a why haven't i heard about this before?

"can i speak to you in private?" he quietly asked harry as he held onto his shoulder.

harry let out a kind "of course." as he began to walk with him.

i wanted to laugh—there was no way harry was about to make up a fake issue i had—which, now that i think about it, i probably do have anger issues.