41

Jenny's pov

"jenny sierra." alex said as she typed my name onto the keyboard of her laptop.

i sat next to her on her bed, the sky now dark as i actually went through with the hangout i promised. i actually forgot about agreeing to this—yet here i was. i wasn't too excited to be doing this, nor was i excited to be doing this with alex out of all people.

"we're really twitter searching my name right now?" i said, unamused.

"twitter's the place you go to when you want to face the realities of what people have to say about you." she said, scrolling down, the laptop on her lap as she sat next to me.

"things seem to be good, just some pictures of you from the band account." she said, and i looked at the screen, reading things as she scrolled by them.

"our first little thread about you, let's see what it says." she clicked on it, "some information we've gathered about the new backup singer. keep in mind these things aren't facts, just things we could find about her."

"this should be nice and very reliable." i said sarcastically.

"allegedly she helped out on their new album and some other music from other artists in one records." she looked at me, "true or false?" she asked.

"true." i said with a nod.

"she's from vermont and moved to california—i know that's true." she said as she scrolled down.

"okay tea, she wears harry and timothée's rings on her necklace. this proves that she's very close with the boys and has a special bond with them." she said, looking at my neck.

i tucked the necklace under my shirt, "false, just because i'm wearing something they gave me doesn't mean i have a special bond." i said.

i told myself i would keep alex out of my relationship with the boys, i didn't want her to know anything about it.

"they even have pictures of the rings on their fingers, comparing each detail to the rings on your necklace—they're smart, i'll say." she said, scrolling down.

"in this zoomed up picture we see that harry might have a charm with the letter "j" engraved on it added to his bracelet we always see him wear. this bracelet is something he's worn ever since the start of his career, maybe even before, so we know it holds great meaning to him."

she brought the laptop closer to her face as she tried to examine the blurry picture before reading again. "in the second picture we see jenny in one of the group photos with the necklace she used to wear, the same charm on it—wow, this is cute you know."

"it's not true, i barely wore that necklace." i lied, "and that picture is so blurry, how does it prove anything?"

she sighed, "if we're gonna do this, you have to be honest! i'm the last person to judge you, i've had my fun with celebrities too."

"i don't have my fun with them. i work with them, and we talk sometimes. can we move on to the next one?"

she scrolled with another sigh, "this one goes with the previous one, a picture of timothée wearing your earring—holy shit." she looked at me with a smile, "i'm impressed."

"he liked the earring so i gave it to him." i lied as i crossed my arms.

she nodded and she smiled, humming "mhm." as she looked back at her computer.