47

Jenny's pov

"the girls went out today, are you sure you didn't want to join them?" harry asked as we walked down the stairs of my balcony.

"i've spent the last two weeks hanging out with them." i displayed a reassuring smile, "i don't think they'd mind if i spent the day with you." i said, latching my arm around his waist.

"are you asking me out on a date?" he asked.

i lightly gasped, "in what way were those words possibly hinting at a date?" i asked, laughing in between my words as he smiled.

"hmm, you planned a picnic on the beach." he said, looking at the basket i held in my free hand. "the girls suddenly went out for the day." he shrugged, "this is all a coincidence?"

"okay, fine." i nodded, "did you want me to get down on one knee and ask you out?" i joked.

"that doesn't sound too bad." he said, crossing his arms.

"you are totally a brat." i said with a smile, and he furrowed his eyebrows, his mouth dropping open.

"i am not!" he said, offended.

"oh jenny, you should get down on one knee and ask me out." i mocked him dramatically. he gasped, lightly nudging my arm as i turned my head to let out a small laugh.

"i did not say that!" he raised his eyebrows, "all i'm saying is, i wouldn't mind if you did that." he said, and as always, i couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"oh my god." i said with a laugh, grabbing his hand as i stopped him from walking.

as i got down on my knee he gasped, immediately saying "jen get up you're so embarrassing!"

"you just said—you know what, harry, will you go on this date with me?" i asked, annoyed now as i looked up at him.

"i'm not sure." he said, looking away as he pretended to think.

i was about to get more annoyed but he quickly said "i'm kidding, i'm kidding." with a laugh, sitting on his knees as he hung his arms over my shoulders, letting out a shy laugh.

"here's a good spot, no?" he said, taking the basket out of my hands before kissing my cheek.

i smiled, looking away as i tried to not seem so flustered. "yeah." i agreed with a nod, standing up as i wiped the sand off of my pants.

he laid the blanket down onto the sand before placing the basket onto it, the both of us sitting across from each other. "this was last minute," i took out one of the plastic boxes, "i definitely didn't order any of this." i said sarcastically.

"definitely." he said with a nod, taking the next box out.

"hey, i washed the fruit myself, that counts." i took out the fruit i had packed.

"jenny, i promise you i don't care about what we eat." he laughed, "wait stop." he formed a small smile, pulling out what was at the bottom of the basket.

"i thought it'd be fun." i said with a shrug, watching him as he opened up the small water color paint.

thanks marley. never thought those words would ever be a thought in my mind.

"but i don't know how to paint well." he said, opening the new watercolor sketchbook i had gotten a couple of days ago.

"i'll show you, and you don't have to paint well to have fun." i said, pouring water from my bottle into one of the cups i brought.