48

Jenny's pov

harry stayed at the boys' place—and all the alex shit aside, i think him having his own room is a good thing. i'll be there if he ever needed to talk about anything, but he has his own things put away now. has his own shower and bathroom. he was actually the one who said he wanted to stay there after the hang out we all had. and though him sleeping in my bed was nice, i don't think he'd show anymore vulnerability than that. he probably wanted to move on. we never talked about anything after he told me everything, and i think he liked that i was able to do so.

it was now his second full day here, already the second day since the secrets with griffin and plans with zayn. i don't think i slept much these past two days, which is explainable. but i at least told emily and kayla about the griffin and zayn thing—that helped me feel a little bit better. i didn't tell them i blackmailed griffin, but they still got the point.

"what the hell, he actually released it?!" kayla said as she quickly pulled out her phone, her fingers fast on her screen as we left the house, heading to the guys' place.

"yes, i looked myself and there it is. my name and the title—they even made a cover, my face on it and everything." i said as emily and i watched her search the song up.

emily gasped once it popped up, kayla raising her eyebrows as she looked at me.

"don't hate me, but is it bad if i say i'm happy it's out?" kayla said, her face hesitant.

"it's not bad it's just," i sighed, "it was put out for the wrong intentions, you know? if i ever put it out, i wanted to be the one to do it. and plus, i wanted it to be all three of us on the track. griffin just sees this as step one of his plan."

"who cares about him, seriously, i've never wanted to yell at someone more—and i don't yell at anyone." emily said, making me smile.

"she's right." kayla added.

"he wants you to be a legit singer?" emily asked.

i nodded, though i didn't want to.

"fine, so be it. play the part and amaze everyone." kayla said with attitude.

"but i like being in the background." i complained. "i don't wanna be his...his puppet." i cringed at the word, hearing alex say it in my mind.

"i know, but you're no longer in the background." kayla said, holding her phone out in front of emily and i.

"great." i said with a sigh.

zayn had already posted the picture of him an i at the party, and people reacted like griffin thought they would. they were obsessed.

"i hate the internet, it's just a picture." i annoyingly sighed, "just because two people of the opposite gender took a picture together doesn't mean we're-" i paused reading one of the headlines on kayla's phone, "oh, okay so now i'm pregnant with his baby, who forgot to tell me?"

emily laughed, hooking her arm with mine, "that's enough social media for today, i don't want you to give it another thought, okay?"

"yes, please don't. it's just a waste of time." kayla said, putting her phone away.

"you know what, surprisingly my mind is calm right now—what ever calm is defined as when it comes to me. usually i'd be going on and on in my head about it all."

i'd love to say i put all the effort into that, but in reality i was just focused on harry.

"good, yes, i'm proud." kayla laughed.