23

another surprise update since this is a shorter chapter :)

Jenny's pov

i focused on my breaths, feeling my face burn a little. that was when i realized i had forgotten to put sunscreen on—but i was just so comfortable, i didn't want to move.

i felt the water move around me before feeling a coldness on my forehead—quickly, i opened my eyes to see harry as he gently applied sunscreen onto my skin. startled, i moved back a bit before my mind had processed what he was doing.

"you scared me." i said with a sigh as he rubbed the sunscreen down to my face and across my nose.

"you were getting so pink—the only time that happens is when you're around me, but you weren't, so i guessed you might be sunburnt." he said, and i cracked a smile, breaking eye contact.

"funny." i said with a nod, "can you go one day without making flirty comments?" i asked. "or bad jokes." i mumbled.

"oh, but then you'd miss me." he said, slowly sliding the sunscreen that remained on his hands down my neck and to my shoulders.

"i see what you did there." i said, looking down at his hands as they gently messaged my shoulders.

he moved his hands back up my neck and to my face, holding it up as he looked down at me. the sun was shining on half of his face, allowing it to glow while the other half was shaded. his hair was wet and pushed out of his face, a couple of strands hanging out at the front.

i had noticed i'd just been staring at him this whole time, so i quickly said "what?"

he smiled a bit, "nothing." he said cutely as he removed his hands, moving so that he stood next to me. he copied my actions, leaning his elbows up on the wall as he looked at our surroundings.

we were both quiet, and i glanced over at him to see that he had been staring at me. he quickly turned his head away, and i hid my smile as i looked back in front of us.

"you know, you're acting quite strange." i said, looking at emily and kayla as they swam around with the other back-up band members.

"me? strange? pfft, what're you talking about?" he asked, which made him seem even more strange.

"you? are speaking? in questions? that's strange?" i mocked him and his accent, causing him to splash water at me.

i turned my head away as i began to laugh, feeling his hands as they wrapped around my torso, picking me up. "stop!—stop let go!" i said with a laugh, trying to push him away from me.

"no!—no i can't!" he said, mocking my accent this time as he laughed before throwing me down into the water towards the deep end.

i grabbed onto his arm, pulling him under water with me, and he smiled as we both held our breaths. his hair floated around magically, and i could see mine do the same around me. he opened his mouth like he wanted to speak, bubbles flying out. this caused me to smile, bubbles escaping from my mouth as well. it had only been a couple of seconds, so my lungs still had the oxygen i held in.

i knew it was because harry was here with me, but i no longer paired being underwater with the event with marley. i knew that if i was alone right now though, i'd probably think otherwise. it felt like a quick fix, because when i had first entered the pool it was all i could think about. and for a split second, it felt like harry and i were alone in some magical world, just staring into each others eyes.