63

Jenny's pov

"do it, do it, do it." timothée whispered quietly, an obvious chant.

"stop it." i mumbled, continuing to glance over at kayla and back down at my plate.

"boringgg."

i hushed him and went back to moving my fork around as i tried to make out what her and emily were saying.

"not wanting to physically fight kayla doesn't make me boring." i answered, unable to ignore him.

"it quite literally does." he ate a spoonful of his cereal, "i would cheer you on, it could be a whole thing." he pointed at me with his spoon.

i moved his spoon back towards him. "you know, if i were someone else, you'd be a really bad influence."

"no, i'm just a really bad influence." he agreed with the last part, nodding.

we continued to eat our breakfast as i watched the girls at their table across the room. the hotel continental breakfast suddenly felt like a cafeteria in high school. us at different tables, our group having drama.

i felt his stare before i heard him say "the last time you guys spoke was after that whole petty fight, so yes, since your best friend keeps rolling her eyes at you—you might as well fight her."

i looked at him, "your problem thinking skills are just astonishing." i said sarcastically.

"why, thank you."

i already knew that our plan of sending marley home to rehab would cause things with kayla, but i wasn't expecting her to shut me out for so long. though timothée, andrew and i equally took part in it, she seemed to find pleasure in blaming it all on me. when it came to marley, kayla was tougher than usual.

she confronted me at rehearsals at the beginning of the week, and that was when we got a little loud, kayla arguing with me as i stood there, allowing her to.

she needed to get things off of her chest, and i knew we'd forget about this later, so i didn't bother to bark back. at first. i simply nodded and smiled, which made her angrier. and then i couldn't take it anymore, and spoke my mind.

she also somehow did this whole team jenny or kayla thing, which was childish, but very kayla-like. it was an unspoken rule, but it was obvious. so when harry entered the room, kayla and i both stared at him.

he ignored our stares and picked up a plate, walking around to get food. i stopped myself, sighing as i looked over at kayla again.

"i hate this, i hate the world."

"now that's the spirit." timothée shook my shoulder.

i batted his hand away and he gave me a dirty look as he went back to his cereal. from this, i managed to smile without him noticing.

and then i was looking at harry again, his plate full as he headed back towards the tables. kayla knew he'd sit with me, hence her disinterest as he walked by.

he waved at me and i waved back, a bit relieved that there'd be one more person at our table. wherever emily went, andrew followed, so it was just timothée and i. scott rarely showed up to breakfast, but i doubt his crush on kayla had faded.

but then harry stopped his path early, saying "good morning." to everyone at her table as he took a seat by andrew.

i looked over at timothée only to see him smiling. he looked at me, "what?" he asked.