58

Timothée's pov

i had settled in bed, the new hotel bedding soft as ever. i was used to the feeling, yet it sometimes felt better than my bed at home. the concert exhausted me, seeing that i put all of my energy in with it being our first show back—i think we all did, everyone hyper throughout the full two hours. my body felt as if it were sinking into the mattress, and i immediately fell asleep (which was rare).

i don't know what time it was when i heard knocks on my door.

actually, i don't know how many knocks it took for me to realize someone was even knocking.

jenny. that's who my mind went to, that's all that it secretly hoped for. i would be lucky if i opened the door and she was there because i've been thinking about her ever since the show ended.

i quickly got up, forcing my eyes open as i dragged my feet towards the door. without checking the peephole, i opened the door. i was right. she was looking out in the hall before she quickly turned her face towards me, caught off guard from how fast i had answered.

"did i wake you?" she asked in a whisper.

"no." i lied, leaning against the door to keep it open.

she could obviously tell i was lying from the way i tried to keep my eyes from shutting.

"this is stupid." she mumbled with a laugh, looking to her side again. "i don't know why i'm here." she admitted.

she was already in her pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt, her hair almost fully dried from showering. she looked back at me, her brows slightly raising as she asked "can i come in?"

i realized how dumb i was being, and quickly stepped aside to let her in. i was just watching her like an idiot—i should've invited her in first.

she walked in, and i gently closed the door before i walked in behind her. i stopped at the footboard of my bed as i watched her walk to the window. she opened the curtain a bit to look down at the city. i hesitated as i slowly walked up to her, standing behind her now. our interactions were always so random that i was used to her just being here.

i saw her reflection in the glass, and she saw mine. her eyes were glossy. she turned around and hugged me tightly before i could even get a glimpse of her eyes again. i was a bit startled, standing there before i quickly took her into my arms, hugging her back. my hand was light on her head, and i felt her chest shudder as she silently cried.

i don't know what to do.
fuck, what do i do.
i slowly patted her back, but then realized that was awkward and resorted to sliding my hand up and down instead.

shortly, her breaths calmed down, and i gently rested my chin onto the top of her head, staring out the window as i softly kissed it. she sniffled twice before pulling away to look at me, her cheeks stained with tears though her lips held a small smile.

she looked as if she didn't know what to say, and i nodded, wiping her cheeks with the sleeves of my shirt to let her know that she didn't have to say a word. i knew the feeling.

i shut the curtain before i grabbed her hand, leading her to my bed. maybe we could just lay together—she liked cuddling, right? lifting up the covers, i let her get in first before i laid down right next to her, making sure she was covered nicely under the blanket. she laid on her back as i laid on my side to face her. i moved her hair away from her face before latching my arm around her waist, leaning closer into her.