56

it's been a while...HEYY!! DJSJDJDN
things have been up and down for me these past two months (rn they're up, thankfully), and i just didn't have the time/effort to keep up with everything. this is a short update, but it's better than nothing! [also i want to put a tw—this is a heavy chapter that deals with forms of abuse]

——————————————

Timothée's pov

for some reason i spoke less than i'd wanted to as we ate. it was a date, but that i wouldn't admit yet.

you see, i had it all planned out in my head—well, not all of it but most of it. i thought it'd be smooth and more casual to pretend we'd all be going for lunch—but she was the one leading the conversation, hiding her smile behind her menu half the time.

after we ate we went back to our floor, and that was when i actually began to freak out over what to say next. do i ask her to stay? let her go to her room? she must be tired from the flight, right? i know i was, but being with her suddenly made me awake.

i stopped at my door, pulling out my keycard. i pretended not to notice how she purposely didn't reach for her purse to get hers. instead she stopped at my door with me, leaning against the wall.

"how's your face?" she asked.

"i don't know, you tell me. you love looking at it." i slipped the card in, opening the door.

i walked in and it almost slammed in her face as she quickly slipped into room, mumbling "dick." under her breath.

"i don't think that's how it works, i won't just take it out on demand." i said as i plopped onto my bed, studying the little chocolates left on my nightstand.

"are your jokes supposed to be funny?" she asked, picking up the chocolate i was reaching for.

"it wasn't a joke, it was advice." i took the chocolate out of her hand, unwrapping it.

she rolled her eyes as she ran her hand through my hair."seriously, does it hurt?" she moved her thumb below the mark on my cheekbone.

"if i say yes, will you act all nice and kiss it better?" i held the chocolate up to my mouth, waiting for an answer.

"i'd do it anyways if you wanted me to." she mumbled, finally sitting down next to me.

"it hurts so bad." my voice sounded sarcastic before i bit the round chocolate, the filling sending a wave of coconut in my mouth.

she kissed it, hugging my arm as she leaned her head against my shoulder. i smiled to myself, glancing over at her arm hugging mine. i swallowed the bite i had been chewing before holding the rest of the chocolate up to her mouth. she opened, letting me place it in her mouth before she chewed, a satisfied smile on her face.

i wanted her closer to me, so i moved and sat against the headboard, hugging her waist as i brought her in between my legs, pulling her into a hug. i kept one hand softly moving down her head while the other rested around her waist. it was an impulsive move and way too touchy for me, but it didn't feel that way with her. she instantly cuddled her face into my chest, her arms hugging me. she seemed like she was comfortable, her eyelashes blinking slowly as she began to doze off.

this, i could do. i'm not always in the mood to talk, and it's hard to be blunt and tell a person that. but it seems like she was the same, allowing us to be close to each other without having the need to fill the silence.