Part 1 The Symptoms

A/N: WARNING: This AU is for entertainment only. The medical explanations and other information are not accurate and/or are created by me. Any similarities with real events are pure coincidence. Many of the chapters are more than 3 thousand words, so please take breaks in between. 

Side note: Mew's relationship with his mom, reflects my relationship with my mami/mom. ♥    This story has more than 30 chapters, I will try to add a chapter every Monday night. The story is almost completed, but have to edit certain parts.  Hope you enjoy it!

Hair soaked and glued to his forehead like a leech.

"Haaahh....", Mew sighed as he placed his hands on his knees and gasped for fresh air.

Sweat dripped on the ground in front of him; it reminded him of raindrops for some reason.

"This was a good run."

Mew tried to detach his drenched gray T-shirt from his chest when his phone vibrated, and his mom's unique ringtone came after.

"Hello Lamai," Mew answered the phone with a smile on his face. No matter what he is doing or feeling, listening to his mom's voice always brings him joy.

"Darling, I am calling to ask you, can you come to my apartment tomorrow? I need your help with something." Lamai voiced was soft, as her name implied.

"Lamai, what did you do now?" Mew sighed again. It was a faint one and hardly audible.

"Nothing my love, I just need your help with something. If you are too busy, it is all right." Lamai waited for Mew's response.

No response from Mew.

"Son, are you listening to me?"

Mew sat down on the floor, he felt his knees giving up on him and felt a horrible pain all around his body.

"I am here mom, I just needed to sit down for a moment. I came from a run." Mew placed his left hand on his forehead as trying to calm himself.

The morning sunlight hit Mew's face, making it glow, it was the reflection of his sweat still on his face.

"Darling, remember that you cannot overdo it, take care of yourself." Lamai sweet voice came over the phone.

Mew smiled because his mom was always worried about him. Even more after what happened 5 years ago.

"When is your next appointment with Dr. Jovi? I want to go with you."

"Lamai, that will not be necessary is just a regular checkup."

The chills from last night are coming back, he is feeling it now. Mew blames this on his morning run. He ran three extra miles today, and his body is exhausted.

Lamai continued talking.

"Son, you know you have to take care of yourself. Why are you running anyway? I noticed that you are losing weight." Her tone of voice showed a hint of concern.

Mew began to walk to his car, drank the whole bottle of water. He put on his earphones, and Lamai heard the sound of the car starting.

"Love of my life, why are you always worried about me? I am fine. I will go to your apartment in a few hours, let me take a shower and be right there."

"You don't have to; take care of yourself first, and I can wait." Lamai's sweet voice resonates on Mew's head.

"No, I want to see you as well; it been a week already without seeing your beautiful face." Mew heard Lamai chuckled and brought a smile to his face, forgetting the pain on his body for a moment.