Part 33 Reconciliation

"The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to forget is the happiest." ~Word Quotes~

"There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love." ~Bryant McGill

A/N: First of all, thank you so much for waiting. I am so shocked that many of you are still read this AU. Oh my gosh! The mistakes/grammatical mistakes I made are unforgivable, that's what happens when you write while sleepy and tired. Moving forward, it will be much better, I will work harder to make sure of it. I am feeling much better, at least my hands don't hurt me as I type. Remember, the previous chapter was a standalone/special chapter. This is a continuation of chapter 31.

Side Note: The disease is my own creation and medical terms/procedures may not be accurate.

Gulf knew that it has not been too long since he left Mew's house, but now that he was opening the garage door, it hit him. He was finally home, not in the four walls that gives him a place to sleep. He was home, in Mew's heart, the place he felt safe, the place he recognized as his shelter.

Gulf felt Mew's gaze on him, "yes?" Gulf asked as he could not take it anymore.

"Gulf, are you really okay? I mean, for all these months you thought that the baby was yours. Now, Dr. Sam is in a coma and it is good the baby is saved, but still. You must be feeling sad even worse, hurt about it."

He parked the car before addressing Mew's apprehension, "of course I am hurt, I still care for the baby like she is still my own daughter. I am glad she is fine; it also hurts me to see Sam like that."

Gulf tried to open the car's door but felt Mew pulling him, "come here, everything will be okay. I need to explain to you why I broke up with you. I hope we can fix our relationship, to go back to the way we used to be."

Mew said all that as he hugged Gulf, who was quiet, just listening to Mew.

"No, we cannot go back to the way we were before." Gulf boldly burst out, sending Mew into panic mode, breaking the embrace.

Gulf could see the panic in Mew's eyes and smile. "Mew, what I mean is that we cannot back to the way we were because now we are stronger. Despite all the things that happened to us and between us, we managed to find our ways to each other again."

It could be because he was tired, but he started to feel sick again, Mew's eyes were filled with tears.

He was holding the man he loves; they were finally together.

"Gulf, the reason I decided to let you go was that I needed to save your baby. I could not tell you this before, but I guess with Sam's behavior, you could deduct how her mind started to lose a grip with reality. Her mom was like that, I did not meet her, but Lamai and Dr. Jovi are friends for a while now. I heard them talk one day and when I heard about Sam trying to take her own life. I knew something was not right, pushing me to really make the decision."

Gulf wiped Mew's face, "Mew, even when at first I could not understand your reasons, now I know. I know it was not your intention to hurt me, you were trying to protect an innocent child. If you knew about Sam's past, why not tell me so I could prepare myself?" Deep down there was a hint of irritation in Gulf's question.

Mew held Gulf's hands before he replied, "Gulf like I said, it was not my place to divulge that information. She started to behave differently during the past weeks, fortunately, she was doing fine at the hospital taking care of her patients. The strange thing was with her personal life."

For just a split second, Gulf was absent-minded and then it hit him, "Mew, it must have been so hard for you. To stand back, even when you were in pain as well. I want you to promise me something, I want you to promise me that no matter what happens in the future, we need to tell each other everything. Even when we are doing it to protect the other. I don't want to go over something like this again."