Part 20 Acceptance

"Love didn't hurt you. Someone that didn't know how to love hurts you. Don't confuse the two. ~Word Porn~

"Accept that you will never be perfect, life will always have challenges, and other people will disappoint you sometimes. Acceptance is the first step toward peace." ~Lori Deschene~

A/N: Shoot! The part of Mew going to his father's house and the way he felt, that was me. That was my behavior as I wrote this part. 😊 Homophobic comments ahead. AAA (American motor clubs). Pic. Cr. to owners.

Kadir Jongcheveevat was a man who, during his youth, would have any woman he wanted. He was the kind of person who would set his eyes on something and will do whatever necessary to get it.

He set his eyes on the sweet girl next door, Lamai Suppasit. A perfect Thai girl who was new to the United States' ways of living and from a prominent family. Lamai was the ideal pray for him.

After courting her for many months, she agrees to go out with him. Two years later, they got married. In the process, Lamai helped him build his real estate company and even gave him the money to start the company.

Long story short, seven years after being married, Lamai was brave enough to ask for a divorce. It hurt Lamai to find out that her husband of so many years was unfaithful. Seeing her five-year-old boy suffering was the last straw. Mew deserved more than that, he needed to be happy, and she will make of that.

Her family was against the divorce, except Prem, her older brother. He was always supporting her no matter what. Seeing Mew cry every day, asking for his father, why he was not there with them was too painful for Lamai.

She asked Kadir to try and be in Mew's life; that was the worse decision she ever did. Every time Kadir would come to the house, it was a fight between him and Mew. As Mew was growing up, he was more interested in reading books, playing with animals, and painting.

"You need to go out, meet people, have fun with your friends. Have a girlfriend, get drunk, live your life like a normal teenager." Those were the things Mew would hear from his father. Mew was not interested in none of those things.

As soon as Mew opened the door, he felt the cool breeze on his face. Inside, his blood was boiling. After so many years of being away from his father, now he is back into his life again.

"How can he do that to me? How long would he keep it from me? Why he needs to meddle in my life?" Mew turned on the car, and it did not wait any minute. He needed to speak with his father. He needed answers, Mew drove off to find them.

It has been years since Mew spoke with his father or seen him; almost 7 years. The last time Mew saw his father, Lamai, showed Mew another side of her.

Sever year ago...

"You are what? What is this a trend or something? A son of mine will never be in love with a man. That's unacceptable, I will never accept it." Mew was fisting his hands under the table, listing to his father.

His whole body was shaking; he was about to erupt. He lost is when his father said. "How can you love another man? That is unnatural. You are a Jongcheveevat, a real man." Mew got up, knocking the chair down.

"I am a man, a real one, not like you." Mew was so angry that his face was red and tears were falling.

Mr. Kadir got up the same way and walk around the table to where Mew was standing, still fisting his hands.

"What did you just say?" Mr. Kadir grabbed Mew's collar and began to shake him back and forth. Mew's body moved like a fragile flower under the mercy of the wind.