Part 4 The Treatment

A/N: In Thailand, a "wai" is a way to mostly greeting and apologize by placing your hands together in a "praying" sign at chest level. (Please, if this is wrong, let me know. I research it, but sometimes the information may be wrong. One of the reasons I tried to write my stories in a neutral way, I am afraid I may be insulting someone's culture without knowing it) 😊Pics. Cr. to the owners.

After staying on the floor for a while, getting all his frustration out, Mew got up, walked to the bathroom to clean his face. He looked at himself in the mirror; his eyes were red and puffy from all the crying; he washes.

He looks at the medicine cabinet and decides to take two pain killers.

"Only a few lefts." Mew smile as he remembers he got a new prescription from Dr. Jovi, only these pills are stronger and for a specific job, to make his pain a little bit more bearable.

Those pills will make him go to sleep almost right away. He wanted to sleep for a while, he could not sleep the night before, and now, he needed to forget about the world around him more than ever.

A few hours later, Mew got up, still, under the medication's effect, he looked at his phone and dialed his mom's number. Lamai had called him twice already, and he did not pick up.

Mew knows that his mom would be worried. He was supposed to go to her house this afternoon.

Phone rings

"Hello son, how are you?" Lamai's lovely voice gave Mew a little bit of strength and even a smile.

Mew cleared his throat before speaking.

"Hello mother, how are you?"

"Mew, I was worried, you were supposed to come to the apartment, and I even call you several times. Are you sure everything is alright with you?" Lamai's worried tone made Mew's heartache a little bit.

Mew inhale and exhale. "Yes, I am fine. I am sorry I could not go to your apartment; --[Mew rake his hair] I took a nap, and I woke up. I will be there in an hour." Mew pace the room.

"No, it sounds like something is going on. Tell me. I am your mother, and I think I know when something is not right." Lamai's tone now is harsh.

Mew had heard his mom using this kind of tone only with someone before and that someone was Mew's father.

But that story is for another time.

Lamai continued. "I will go to your house instead; I need to see you; I need to make sure you are alright. We are almost there."

"We?" Mew knows that Lamai means her husband, Mr. Panit Ratri.

"Alright, mom, I will wait for you here." Mew hanged up and headed downstairs to wait for his mom and stepdad. He was looking for Lan to play with him because he could not do it this morning but remembered that Penchan took him to the vet.

It took Lamai and her husband less than 15 minutes to get there.

"Hello mom, how are you?" Mew kissed his mom as she was coming in. Panit followed behind.

"Hello Mew, how are you?" Panit hugged Mew.

Mew has a friendly, respectful relationship with his mom's new husband. Mew is happy that his mom finally found someone who seems suitable for her. For that, Mew is happy. He is still sad that his mom decided to move out of the house when she married Mr. Ratri.

Mew stayed in the big house, only Lan and Penchan were there with him. That was four years ago. Mr. Ratri and Lamai met when Mew was getting treatment at the hospital with Dr. Jovi, and Panit former wife was getting treatment for her breast cancer; unfortunately, she dies soon after. They met at a support group for people who have family members going over an illness.