Part 15.1 Memory Lane

"Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter." ~Caitlin Houston~

"Grown-up means nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown-up? In a mother's heart, each will be her baby." ~Unknown~

A/N: This is an extremely long and heavy chapter; it will be divided😉 Also, I am sure it may have many grammar errors, but I try to fix them. Sorry for the mistakes. 

Gulf looks at how Mew is disappearing from his view as he goes up the stairs. "Ah!" Gulf sigh as he starts to, picking up his jacket on the way. Walking up the stairs, he remembers his conversation with Sam.

Just imagine it makes him feel restless. He passed his room and goes straight to Laura's. Before opening her bedroom, he looks down under Mew's bedroom door, and there is light sneaking through the opening.

Opening the door, he can see that Laura is still up. "Princess, why are you still up?" Gulf sat next to her on the bed. Laura sits up, pulling the sheet up to her waits. "I cannot sleep, I am a little upset with you." This surprise Gulf.

"Why are you upset because I could not pick you up from school?" Gulf passes are hand on Laura's long hair.

"No, it was fun spending the day with Mew," Laura said.

"More than being with me? I am getting jealous." Gulf tried to make her laugh with this comment.

Laura looks at Gulf and laughs. "No, silly, but I still enjoyed my day with him. He is good to me, and I like that." Laura now removed the sheet and goes to sit on Gulf's lap.

"Princess, why don't you tell me why you are upset. You know you can tell me anything." Gulf adjusts his body to welcomed Laura into his embrace.

"If I tell you, you will be upset with me." Laura looks up, and Gulf met her gave.

Touching her chin and kissing her forehead. "You know that I hardly get upset with you and when I do is when you do something awful. Have you don't anything bad?"

Laura got up and sat next to Gulf. Her feet are now dangling above the rugged floor. "Okay, but don't be upset when I tell you. [Gulf nodded] I am upset because you went out with Dr. Sam. You know I don't like her."

Gulf got up and kneeled down in front of Laura. She stops moving her feet to prevent hitting Gulf with them. "I know you don't see her as a friend, I understand, but she is my friend. Has she ever done or say something to you for you to behave that way towards her?"

Gulf noticed the change in Laura's facial expression. It was telling Gulf that she was getting more upset, to the point of crying.

"No, yes, she did." This disturbs Gulf's balance, and he had to stop his fall by putting the left hand on the floor and the right one holding the end of the bed.

"What you mean she did something to you, when, what?" Gulf grabs Laura's arms.

"You see, you are upset with me." Laura escapes from Gulf's grip and went under the sheet, covering herself.

"Ah!" Gulf pulled his hair, proceeds to cover his nose with both hands, and breathed in. Pulling the sheets away from Laura's face. She had her eyes closed. "Princess, I apologize. I did not mean to scare you. I am not upset, trust me. I was just surprised. Tell me what she did to you."

Gulf was able to quickly move back. Laura tossed the sheet to the side and wobbling her way up. "I don't like her because she told me that she will take you away from me. She is mean, and I don't like her." Laura said this in a single breath and crossing her arms at the end.