Part 32 Remembrances

"Our childhood experiences define us as an adult." ~Neetu Jawle~

"Learning from experience is a faculty almost never practiced." ~Barbara W. Tuchman~

A/N: This special chapter will be a recollection of the three main characters in the story. Their lives experiences at different points in time and how their lives became entangled, even without them realizing it. This will not be a detailed chapter, just a few details from here and there. **I do not own any of the pictures, credit to the owner(s).

                                                    ***Start of Samantha's story***

"Little fox, come sit with me. Let's play the piano together." Her mother called a young Sam to sit by her side. Sam would walk to her, struggling to sit on the bench. After being assisted by her mom, her tiny feet dangled off the floor as the sunlight reflected on her red shoes.

Sam's tiny hands hardly touch the piano keys as her mom played her favorite song, Prelude in C major by Bach.

Sam smiled as she feels proud to be able to help her mom, as she played the keys on the left side since they were the easiest to play, especially for those tiny hands.

"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a pianist like you and a doctor like daddy, better yet, a surgeon." Sam smiled as she looked at her mom with sparkling eyes.

"Little fox, you can do it, no matter what, make sure you get what you want in life. Fight for it, because other people may take it away from you." Mrs. Jovi kissed Sam's cheek.

Sam looked at her mom, not sure what she meant by that.

The phone rang and Sam stopped playing and rang to get it, "daddy, I am sure daddy is calling."

"Hello?" Sam answered with her tiny voice, on the other side of the phone, her father smiled.

"Little fox, how are you? Are you being a good girl?" Dr. Jovi asked.

"Yes, daddy, I am. I am always good; I am helping mommy with her practice. When are you coming home, we are waiting for you." Sam noticed her mom stopped playing and her facial expression is different, the one Sam does not like to see, the one she is scared of.

"Here, daddy wants to talk to you, mommy," she quickly handed her the phone. Samantha knows her mom gets really mad when she does not get what she wants. Especially, when Sam is being a bad girl and does not listen to her.

"What will be the excuse this time?" Mrs. Jovi questioned her husband as it has become a routine for him to call, saying he will stay at the hospital.

"Clementine, I told you, I am still a new doctor and from time to time I will be asked to take over another doctor's shift. I will be back home tomorrow morning." Dr. Jovi was rubbing his left shoulder. He was tired from studying new cases and making sure he was learning from the other senior doctors, especially from Dr. Land, his immediate senior.

"You are always the same, just say that you are with another woman. After giving birth to Samantha, you do not see me the same, I am not attractive enough." Mrs. Jovi hanged up, throwing the receiver to the wall.

Mrs. Jovi did not notice, but Sam ran to her room. She knew that her mom would start yelling at her if she stays close to her.

The next day, early in the morning, Sam got up to wait for her dad. She sees him getting out of the car, "daddy, daddy, you are home." She would yell as she ran down the steps.

"Be careful Sam, you may fall," Dr. Jovi warned her, but she kept running.

"Ah, I got you!" Dr. Jovi said to a giggling Sam.