Part 34 Preparations 2

A/N: The steps of actual research are real, but my discovery is fictional. Please, any of you with medical knowledge, (which I found out is more than half of you) just IGNORE my discovery, lol...I created my own disease, so I need to create my own discovery as well, lol.

I think you keep reading my AU to see what nonsense I come up with, lol...

Mew was delighted to wake up and see the scene in front of him.

"It is all these real?" He quietly asked, he noticed how Laura moved a little and a sleepy Gulf, unconsciously held her tighter, forcing her to release a wail.

Mew smiled and rescued her from Gulf's tight grip, getting closer to Gulf's ears, whispering something to him.

"Gulf let her go, I got her," Gulf loosen his grip on her waist.

Mew walked around, carrying her in his arms to his side of the bed.

He smiled as he noticed the corner of her left side gleaming, wet.

Covering her body, as he noticed Lan walking closer to her chest, and after a while, he decided to lie between Gulf and her.

Mew patted his head, kissed Laura's head.

Before he headed to the bathroom, he observed Gulf smiling and murmuring something.

Mew could not make sense of it but was delighted to see Gulf dreaming and not having one of his nightmares.

After a while, Mew was outside, hearing to the office to talk with Nicholas regarding the lawsuit. The other party was caving in, willing to pay all the fines and even make a public apology.

Yet, Mew felt it was not enough, he needed to make sure it would not happen again.

The company was under an internal audit, making sure the money coming in and out came from legal channels.

Mew has been more involved in the process since he is feeling much better day by day. The new treatment was taking effect, even Dr. Jovi decided to reduce the treatment which allowed for his hair to grow back.

*************

After making sure Laura ate breakfast and was ready for school. Gulf offered to take her since he wanted Lamai to take a break.

He was in a good mood, he slept well after so long. Mew was being more active and communicating even more with him. Telling Gulf how he was feeling and where he was going.

Now on the road to the hospital, Gulf kept thinking of the research. How he needs to think things through and be patient.

Gulf knows that before any potential research reaches the patients, it needs to go through several clinical trial phases to make sure it is safe.

To be honest, he knows that it may take around ten years for a new treatment to complete and ready for the target consumers.

Gulf knows that his research is still in the discovery phase, it has only been a little more than two years, which it takes around three to six years to be complete.

"Dr. Sullivan," called Mild the moment he saw Gulf by the nurses' station.

"Hello Mild, what is so urgent you need to talk to me about?" Gulf could see Mild's excitement in his eyes.

Without thinking, he grabbed Gulf's left arm and dragged him to his office.

"We found it! Dr. Sullivan, we found the unknown antigen." Gulf could see tears sliding off Mild's cheeks.

"Mild, we found it? Are you sure, look what happened the last time?" Gulf walked to his desk, turning on the computer, looking for the file with the final research, the unknown antigen.