Part 24.2 Desperation

"You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands. For instance, if they're placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset." ~Unknown~

"Never underestimate desperate people. You never know how far they will go to get what they want. ~Unknown~

A/N: My hand isgetting better. The first quote made me laugh, that could be Sam.  Now, part two of this chapter.Cr. to my lovely friend.

As they are hugging, the silent encircle them. Gulf feels different; he feels his heart getting bigger. The happiness he is feeling being embrace by Mew is responsible for the expansion of his heart to sort of speak.

He feels like crying, not because he is sad, but because he is happy.

"We humans are so complicated; we laugh when sometimes we want to cry. We cry when we are happy." Gulf snickered at the notion.

Mew tighten Gulf to him, now they are glued to each other. Gulf's hands are on Mew's shoulders, while Mew's hands are on Gulf's back.

Not talking, just enjoying the moment.

Gulf still needed to know why Mew wanted to keep their relationship a secret. The previous explanation was not enough for him. "Mew? What is the real reason you want to keep it a secret? You still don't trust me; you are afraid I would change my mind?"

"Gulf, again, it is not that I don't trust you. It took you so long to admit your feelings for me that I am sure of it. The thing is that before we let the world know about us, we need to make sure of it." Now, Gulf is confused, more than ever.

"You just said that you are sure of my feelings for you. I think you are the one now having a hard time with this situation." Gulf said with an exasperated tone.

Mew smiled at Gulf; he can see his confused face and knew he has to explain why he really wants to keep it a secret for now.

"Gulf, I didn't want to tell you this because you said you will speak with Sam when you go back to the hospital. You don't even know what really happened. Can you imagine if we go and announce our relationship? Not everyone will take it gladly, especially Dr. Sam. Plus, we should think about our family, especially Laura. How will she take this? I have a bad feeling about all these and I don't want history to repeat itself."

Gulf felt like an invisible hand was squishing his heart; he felt like throwing up and it hit him.

Gulf sat down the moment he realized what Mew was talking about. "Oh, when you put it that way, I can understand. Laura likes you a lot, but I don't know how she will react. Still, by keeping it a secret, I feel that we are doing something wrong, which we are not. It is making me feel uncomfortable like I am lying."

"Gulf, I know this may sound selfish coming from me, maybe I am. I- I don't want to be in a relationship and end up badly. Hurting other people around me. Especially you, [Mew caresses Gulf's left cheek], I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to you. I want to protect our relationship."

"Mew, [Gulf took Mew's hand from his cheek and clasped it with his.] I will agree to keep it a secret for just a short time. I finally feel free to admit my feelings for you and I won't allow anyone to ruin it. Not, even you." Mew can see the Gulf's face's determination, making him feel proud and more in love with him.

Peck on the lips. "Okay, one month and everyone will know."

"Okay, I will have to go and call Nicholas. I need to go over the monthly report with him and then get other things ready. I am not sure if I will be able to do it after the session tomorrow." Mew turned around as Gulf was picking a book from the bookshelf.