Part 13 Helping Hands

"A person's most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help others. ~Quotes Gates~

"Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours." ~Les Brown~

A/N: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a rule to protect the patients' information from being shared/use without authorization. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights (OCR). An organization that receives HIPAA complaints.

Note: Please know that this is not the way a HIPAA issue is handle in real life. It is just for the sake of the story and not to give you so many medical terms. This is my own version, (sorry, real nurses.) Sorry about the medical definitions, this is the most you will see from now on. I think you will need an explanation so you can understand later.

Ding!

The elevator door opens. Gulf gets out, and the first person he sees is Manow, welcoming him.

Manow leaves the files she was holding on the counter. She gets closer to Gulf who is putting his phone on his briefcase. "Good morning, Dr. Gulf, welcome back," Manow smiles.

Gulf looks up and stops. "Good morning, nurse Manow. Thank you, even when I was out for just a few days."

"Hello, Dr. Sullivan," Mild greeted Gulf as soon as he hanged up the phone.

"Oh, good, both of you are here. In a few minutes, I will call you, I need to talk to you." Gulf looks into nurse Mild and Manow's eyes, the look of horror he saw in Mild's eyes lets Gulf knows that Mild at least understands what the meeting will be about.

Gulf goes to his office, entering his office code #0020. Gulf settled down, turns on his computer, and check all his emails. Went over the children's daily checkup and made some notes and recommendations.

Gulf decided to write the email, the email he has been postponing, but deep down knows that it is essential. He composed his emails, and with a shaking hand, he hit send.

Now, Gulf looks at the phone, hesitating if he did the right thing. He is not the kind of person who will do such a thing. Nevertheless, patients' rights cannot be damaged. Breathing heavily, he took the receiver and dialed the nurses' station.

"Nurse Mild, please come to the office and bring nurse Manow with you." Mild felt so cold to the sound of that that he froze.

"Ye- yes, Dr. Sullivan." Manow was finishing a phone call when she noticed Mild's behavior.

"Nurse Mild, what happened?" Manow placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. When Mild was still unresponsive, she sakes him; Mild came to his senses.

Blinking rapidly, he was able to say, "Manow, we are in trouble." Mild support his head with his left hand.

"What are you talking about, why are we in trouble, most importantly, why are you in trouble?" Manow removes his hand from blocking his face. Mild looks at Manow, who was intensely looking at him.

"Dr. Sullivan wants to see us both in his office." Manow slammed her right hand on the counter.

"You are telling me you are acting this way because Dr. Gulf wants to see us?" Mild proceeds to hold Manow's hands. "You don't get it. We are in trouble. We may get fired, or worse, lose our nursing credentials. I knew something like this could happen." Mild pace in the area.

Standing in front of Dr. Gulf's office.

Mild pushes Manow to go and open the door. "Why should I open the door? You are the R.N., so; you should be the one going in first." Manow steps back and stands behind Mild.