XI

"It's not fair."

Kai was curled up in his bed with his diary tightly clutched in his hands. He looked down at what is supposed to be today's entry but instead was a blank page. 

Where was he even supposed to begin? He confessed to the boy he kissed but the boy never confirmed if he actually liked Kai back or not. After that he left to go hang out with his two friends, one has attempted to kill you and the other is supposed to be Kai's best friend but apparently Kai doesn't know anything about him.

After all of that Soobin still did not take it upon himself to at least text Kai.

Is that really too much to ask for?

Is Kai being dramatic?

Right now the answer to those questions does not matter because Kai just feels hurt. He feels like he's been used in some sort of way. 

"It hurts so much," the boy began to flip through the old pages of his diary, specifically the ones that talked about Soobin. His eyes scanned over his words that talked about how excited he was to work with Nurse Choi's son and how Soobin's smallest actions made his heart race. 

Now look at Kai. He's not in some sort of k-drama fantasy like he believed he would be in, instead he's alone and only has one good eye. 

Kai didn't even notice he was crying until his tears started to stain the paper, causing some of the ink to smear. 

"Are you kidding me?" Kai frantically wiped at his eyes and then attempted to wipe the wet spots on the paper, but that didn't do any good, "No no no!"

The boy gets frustrated and throws his diary across the room at the same time the door swung open and hit the person's arm.

Kai looked over in surprise and that he hit Beomgyu. The older boy bent down and grabbed Kai's diary and examined it's outer cover, "What is this?" Normally Kai would be embarrassed and run over there to prevent the older from looking through it but Kai didn't care anymore. Beomgyu quickly grew worried at the silence and made his way over to the bed, "What's wrong Kai?"

Kai just shook his head.

"You can't sit here and tell me nothing is wrong," Beomgyu pouted his lips, "I can tell that you've been crying." Kai didn't give any sort of response causing the older boy to sigh. Beomgyu sat next to Kai on his bed and placed the diary in the younger boy's lap. "Why are you ignoring me?" Beomgyu tilted his head, "Is it about my past? Or did I do something else to upset you?"

Kai still didn't say anything.

Beomgyu furrowed his brows in frustration, "Come on Kai I can't-"

"Please leave me alone," Kai barely whispered.

"What?"

"I asked you to please leave me alone," Kai said a bit louder this time.

Beomgyu slowly stood up from Kai's bed feeling a bit hurt, "What did I do?"

Kai didn't have a proper answer for that. Kai wasn't mad at Beomgyu but he was jealous. He was jealous that all of the attention from Soobin got put onto him. That's not Beomgyu's fault and Kai knew that but at the same time he just wanted to punch Beomgyu in the face.

Kai let out a long sigh, "Please just leave me alone."

"Kai."

"Beomgyu."

"Come on Kai just talk to me so we can get through whatever is going on," Beomgyu pleaded.

Kai shook his head and instead buried himself under his blanket leaving Beomgyu dumbfounded. He stood there for a few seconds hoping that Kai would turn back around and just say something, but of course that never happened.