VII

Soobin kicked open the door to their hideout and scanned the area for a specific face. "Where is he?" Soobin asked the nearest person when he couldn't find Taehyun anywhere.

"Where is who?" the other boy, whose name was Seungcheol, looked at him like he was crazy.

"Taehyun!" Soobin threw his arms in the air, "I need to stop him right now."

Seungcheol raised his brows out of curiosity, "Well, I don't know where he is."

"How do you not know?" Soobin clenched his teeth, "You've been here all day haven't you?"

"Yeah I have," Seungcheol nodded,"but Taehyun hasnt showed up at all today."

"What?" Soobin widened his eyes.

"I said he just hasn't showed up," Seungcheol shrugged his shoulders, "He probably stayed home."

Without saying another word Soobin sprinted out of the door and started to head back in the same direction he came from.

Taehyun lived close to Kai's school. That means if Kai was walking back to school and Taehyun was walking to Soobin's house, there's a high chance that they could run into each other.

Shit.

Soobin was now running. He called Taehyun multiple times but the younger never answered.

"Please just once," Soobin dialed his number once again and just like every other time there was no answer. 

There's no way Soobin can find Taehyun if he won't talk to him, but that won't stop him from trying. Soobin is going to keep running and running until he finds either Kai or Taehyun. He has to run into at least one of them eventually.

-

Kai tried his best to hide the fear he felt but considering the situation he was in, that was impossible. He let the tears continue to fall down his face as he pleaded Taehyun to let him go. 

Kai isn't sure exactly how it happened but at some point while walking home with Taehyun he blacked out. The next thing he knew he woke up in a very dark and familiar place with his hands tied behind his back and was now being cornered by Taehyun who was holding a shiny and sharp object in his hand.

"I'm not letting you go until you tell me who you're working for," Taehyun stated through gritted teeth.

"W-who am I supposed t-to be working f-f-for?" Kai cried out, "I'm j-just a c-college student! P-please Taehyun!"

"How stupid do you think I am?"  Taehyun kicked the younger, "You suddenly show up in Soobin's life at the same time we start working on Stray Kids and you expect me to believe it was just a coincidence?"

"Stray Kids?"

"Stop playing dumb!" Taehyun clenched his fist, "Not only that, but I also caught you spying on our building too. You can't be any more obvious!"

Kai just kept crying. He told Taehyun over and over again that he has no idea what he's talking about but the orange haired boy just wouldn't listen to him. Kai attempted to use his feet to back away from Taehyun, but he was already against the wall and couldn't move any further.

Taehyun noticed this and crouched down to meet Kai eye to eye and held his knife against the younger's throat, "If you don't want to talk I can just kill you right now."