XVI

The next morning the three boys sat around the small coffee table in the corner of their dorm. Soobin and Kai shared a plate of pancakes while Beomgyu silently sipped on his coffee. "Do you want some pancakes?" Kai asked after noticing Beomgyu wasn't eating anything, his mouth half full.

Beomgyu wiped away some spit that landed on his cheek, "No thanks." Kai covered his mouth in embarrassment and muttered his apologies.

"Funny you aren't eating," Soobin tilted his head, "since you're the one always getting onto us about eating three meals a day."

"I'm just not hungry," Beomgyu glared at him, "It's a simple as that." As if on cue Beomgyu's stomach growled loud enough for everyone to hear. He immediately hit his stomach in an attempt to get it to be quiet but it didn't work.

Kai made sure to finish chewing all of his food before he speaking this time, "The only time you don't eat is when you're upset," Kai pouted, "What's going on? Did something happen when you were out of the room?"

Beomgyu huffed before standing up, "Fine I'll eat something." Beomgyu made his way over to the cabinet and grabbed a box of cinnamon cereal. He heard Kai whine but paid no mind to him. Beomgyu then went to their mini fridge to get some milk but they were out. They must have used the rest to make pancakes. Beomgyu just shrugged and joined them back at the table and ate the cereal dry and straight from the box.

As Beomgyu continued to eat Kai started at him with his puppy dog eyes. Beomgyu avoided looking at Kai but could still feel the younger boy's pleading gaze on him. He tried his best to ignore it but the longer he stayed silent the more intense the stare felt. Beomgyu placed the box on the table and snapped his head forward to look at him, "What Kai?"

"You never answered my questions."

Beomgyu smirked, "I'm aware." Kai whined even louder this time. "Don't be like that," Beomgyu rolled his eyes, "It's not even a big deal."

Soobin shook his head, "If it's not that big of a deal then why are you hiding it from him?" Beomgyu looked at Soobin in annoyance and Soobin looked back at him with a cheeky look on his face. The two of them stayed quiet and the tension was so bad you could cut it with a knife. It's been like this between the two of them ever since Taehyun had gotten arrested.

Beomgyu was the first to eventually look away, "Taehyun's court date is Monday."

"Oh wow," Kai's eyes widened and he used his fingers to count the days, "that's two whole days from now!"

"Yeah," Beomgyu sighed, "I'm just worried is all."

"Why?" Soobin tsked.

"What do you mean why?" Beomgyu furrowed his brows, "He was my childhood best friend."

"Yeah was."

"I still care about him!"

"I just don't understand why," Soobin explained as he twiddled with the fork in his hand, "He killed Yeonjun out of cold blood."

"You don't know the whole story."

Soobin cocked a brow, "I know you're not sitting here and defending someone for killing one of our family members."

Before Beomgyu could respond, Kai let out one of the worst fake laughs ever to gain both of the boys' attentions. "Wow, you guys are so funny," he nervously smiled.

"I'm leaving," Beomgyu announced as he stood back up. Despite Kai's protests Beomgyu grabbed his keys and walked out the door.

Kai groaned and leaned his head into Soobin's chest, "Why do you have to pick fights with him?"