XXVI

Three years had passed and business was better than ever. It was a slow start since nobody has heard of it before but once people started showing up the word spread pretty fast and now they have one of the more successful hospitals in the neighborhood.

"Hyucka!" a voice from the front desk called. Kai made his way down to the first floor to see Soobin, who was now his receptionist, looking for him. "Oh, there you are," Soobin spoke as he grabbed some paperwork from his desk, "I was starting to think you didn't hear me."

"What is this for?" Kai asked as he was handed the stack of papers,

"Release forms for patient Mae in room 302. We need to get her out of there as soon as possible as long as she is healthy enough because patient Sim checked in a bit early." Soobin explained, "Also the patient in room 204 is waiting for lunch. Also again, the patient in room 104 has called and said they are still awaiting their checkup for today."

Kai let out a long sigh before taking off back to room 302. Kai really does love his job but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. It's just him, Soobin, and occasionally Beomgyu if he has any free time away from his actual job and his family.

Sometimes Soobin leaves his desk to go check on some patients if Kai gets too busy. The best part is he does that without Kai asking him to. The younger boy thought that was so cute of him to do.

Kai has considered hiring other nurses and doctors in the past, but he never went through with it. Call him stupid but he liked having a small team like this. It feels more authentic this way. Besides it's only twelve rooms, it could be way worse.

A few hours went by and before Kai knew it, it was time for lunch. Whenever lunch time rolls around, they call in somewhere and Soobin goes to pick it up while Kai stays here in case any patients are in need of assistance. Once Soobin gets back they eat at Soobin's desk to once again be there just in case someone needs assistance. It didn't take too long for Soobin to return with the ramen they ordered.

It looked so good, and Kai was starving so that made it look even better. He was about to dig in when suddenly a small child came running in through the front door with a teddy bear in her hand.

Kai immediately jumped out of his seat to go get her, but he stopped when he recognized her.

"What are you doing?" Soobin looked at him confused about why he froze.

"It's just Hajoon," Kai said as he sat back down, "That means he should be coming in in three two-"

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry," Beomgyu repeated over and over as he came in and immediately picked up Hajoon, "What did I tell you about running off like that!"

"Kai, Kai," Hajoon repeated as she struggled against Beomgyu's hold. Eventually Beomgyu gave up with a huff and put her back down on the ground. She wobbled over to where Kai was sitting and hugged his leg as she smiled at him, "Kai!"

"Hey Joonie," Kai picked her up and let her sit on his lap, "What's your friend's name?" he asked, referring to the stuffed bear that never left her hands.

"Gyu!"

Kai chuckled, "You named him after your daddy? That's adorable!"

Soobin tsked, immediately recognizing both the bear and the name, "You still have that old thing around?"

"Of course I do," Beomgyu looked at him as if he asked the stupidest question out there. Him and Soobin are trying to get along for Kai's sake and for old time's sake, but their relationship is still very rocky. "Anyways," Beomgyu placed his hands on the desk and leaned forward, "How's today going?" Kai lowered his eyes to the silver wedding band on Beomgyu's hand immediately feeling a pang of jealousy. "Hello?"