XX

The next morning Soobin's phone alarm went off, waking up both of the boys. Soobin grudgingly got himself out of bed and Kai turned over to fall back asleep. It was Saturday today and even though Kai gets school off, Soobin still has to go into work. He got dressed and left the room as quietly as he possibly could. He continued to get ready and then headed for work.

Kai woke up about two hours later. He sat up and stretched his arms before dragging himself out of bed. He went to his closet and picked out a white turtleneck sweater, wide leg khakis, and a pearl necklace.

He then made his way to the kitchen to start his day with his favorite bowl of cereal. He went to the refrigerator to get some milk when he saw the most horrible thing anyone could think of:

They were all out of milk.

Soobin must have used up the last of it.

Kai felt his soul leave his body. His day was completely ruined. What was he supposed to do now?

He could go to the grocery store but it's so far away and Soobin took the car.

Instead of finding something else to eat, Kai went to the living room to go sulk on the couch. He wanted to sit there and pout but his stomach kept growling.

Kai sighed and pulled out his phone. Maybe there's a cafe nearby that he could walk to. Luckily, there was one only half a mile away from their home.

He put on his shoes and headed over there and soon enough he found himself standing in front of the Loco Latte Cafe. Kai stepped inside and saw a familiar face standing behind the counter.

"Ew it's you again!"

"Hey Yeji," he greeted, ignoring her remark.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Umm getting breakfast."

"But why did you come here of all places."

Kai awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "It was the closest place to my house."

"We'll do you know what you want?"

"Not a clue."

Yeji gave him a few minutes to decide and he ended up going with an almond croissant and a hot vanilla latte. A few minutes later Yeji brought Kai his items to him and sat in the seat across from him, "So how are you enjoying life in Gimpo?"

"It's nice," he admitted, "Very peaceful here."

"I guess so," she shrugged and Kai took a sip of his drink, "Have you met any other friends like you were hoping to?"

Kai shook his head, "I've been focusing on school and Soobin."

"What! That's so lame," she placed her chin in the palm of her hands, "Gimpo is really boring but there's a lot of cool people here."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah! I think one of the coolest guys I met here was named Choi Beomgyu-" Kai almost choked on his drink after hearing the name. "Woah dude, are you okay?"

"Yeah sorry," Kai nodded and wiped his face, "Tell me about him."

"Well he moved here when we were in middle school and he was in Yuma's class. She introduced him to us. He was pretty shy but for some reason he and I clicked and grew really close. We would always get in trouble together. We would go explore abandoned places, annoy the teachers, and even do petty theft here and there. Yet after all of that he would talk about how he wanted to help people and be some sort of hero," she scoffed, "He was such an idiot."