IV

"And just where have you been?"

Kai jumped at the cold voice and turned to see Beomgyu sitting crossed legged on his bed. After Soobin and his visitors left Kai had waited a few minutes and ran all the way back to his dorm. He was scared, confused, and intrigued. 

"Hello?" Beomgyu glared at the younger, "Are you even listening to me?"

Kai flashed him a sheepish smile and rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry I didn't hear you."

Beomgyu jumped off of his bed and stood close to Kai, "I asked where you were last night."

"Ah that," Kai giggled and took a few steps back, "You're always out late at parties and sometimes you don't even come home. I don't get mad whenever you do that."

"I'm not mad, I was worried," Beomgyu pouted his bottom lip, "And I always tell you whenever I'm not coming back home for the night."

"Shouldn't you be at your internship?" Kai attempted to change the subject, "You go in earlier than I do."

"I already talked to Dr. Kim and he let me skip today," Beomgyu shook his head, "Why are you changing the subject?"

Kai was internally screaming. He really didn't want to fight his best friend right now, but he told Nurse Choi that he wouldn't tell anyone. What should he do? Lie? He could lie, but what should he lie about? It probably wouldn't even work. Kai is known for being a terrible liar. 

"Kai, you don't have to tell me everything, but you're acting really suspicious right now," Beomgyu narrowed his gaze.

"Beomgyu," Kai softly smiled, "You don't have to worry about me."

Beomgyu just sighed.

Kai didn't say anything and just wrapped his arms around him.

Beomgyu returned the action and rested his head on the younger's shoulder, "You know I can't help it."

"I know," Kai hesitated for a moment before pulling away, "I'll tell you but you have to swear to me that you won't tell anyone."

"I won't tell anyone one," Beomgyu said as he made his way back to the bed.

"You have to swear it," Kai puffed his cheeks causing the older to chuckle.

"I swear I won't tell anyone."

Kai explained to Beomgyu the deal that he made with Nurse Choi and how he ended up accidentally staying the night there. He also brought up the weird conversation he overheard while hiding upstairs.

"What do you think they meant by all of that?" Kai asked Beomgyu who looked deep in thought. 

Beomgyu looked up at the younger with fear in his eyes, "What is her son's name?"

"Oh did I not say?" Kai lightly smacked his head, "That's my bad. His name is Choi Soobin."

Beomgyu pushed his hair back and just stared at the ceiling.

"What?"

Beomgyu didn't answer.

"Now you're the one acting suspicious!" Kai whined.

Beomgyu tilted his head to look at the younger, "Stay away from him."

"Huh?" Kai furrowed his brows.

"Just tell Nurse Choi you don't want to do it anymore," Beomgyu shrugged, "Textbooks aren't that expensive."

"That's the biggest lie I've ever heard," Kai rolled his eyes, "Why do you want me to suddenly stop after I told you Soobin's name? Do you know him or something?"