IX

Today is now Friday. Soobin and Yeonjun are meeting with Jeongin at the cafe once again, but this time Jeongin is bringing Seungmin, the thief they saw the very first day of their mission, with him. 

Without a doubt, Yeonjun and Soobin gained Jeongin's trust. Soobin could abduct him today if he really wanted to, but Taehyun wants them to see if they can dig up any extra dirt on stray kids before they follow through with the plan. Soobin didn't mind holding off the plan a bit longer, but his mind was a bit too preoccupied at the moment.

*ding*

Speak of the devil.

"Come on man," Yeonjun groaned, "That's like the tenth time your phone went off and we just left the base. Who are you texting anyways?"

Soobin ignored him and read the message with a goofy grin on his face.

It was from Kai.

The two boys haven't seen each other since the incident on Monday, and Soobin thought that he had lost the younger forever. That was until Wednesday when he received an unexpected message from Kai. They haven't stopped texting since.

"Are you even listening to me?" Yeonjun furrowed his brows together. Soobin ignored him once again and Yeonjun swiped Soobin's phone.

"Hey!" Soobin snapped at him, "What are you doing?"

Yeonjun blankly stared at the screen, "Kai?" he turned to face his cousin, "Is he really the reason you have been so distracted on our missions lately."

"I'm not distracted!" Soobin quickly defended himself.

"Bullshit."

Yeonjun started to scroll through the messages and smirked, "When did you two get so close?"

"We're just talking," Soobin snatched his phone out of Yeonjun's light grasp.

"Sure," Yeonjun winked at him and Soobin rolled his eyes, "Why are you two even talking anyways? Don't you see him almost everyday." 

Soobin shook his head, "Beomgyu is not letting Kai leave to come to my house anymore."

"What is Beomgyu his mom or something?" Yeonjun scoffed and Soobin pouted his lip. "If it's upsetting you so much then why don't you just go over there and see him?"

"I'm not upset or anything!" Soobin looked back at his own messages, "I don't even care about Kai like that."

"I call bullshit once again."

Soobin sighed, "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Just go over there and see him," Yeonjun insisted, "It'll make you feel better. Plus, if you see him in person again then maybe you'll be less distracted during our missions."

"You think so?" Soobin asked and Yeonjun just nodded. "Well what about the mission we're on right now? Will you be okay talking to the both of them by yourself?"

Yeonjun laughed, "Do you not know who you're talking to? I'm the master of deception!" Yeonjun threw his arms out dramatically, "This will be a piece of cake for me."

"Are you sure?" Soobin asked, still unsure himself.

"How many times do I have to tell you to go before you actually go?" Yeonjun clicked his tongue. 

"Okay," Soobin looked down at his phone before looking back up and giving the older a small smile, "Thank you Yeonjun."

Yeonjun firmly nodded before running off, leaving Soobin by himself. He began to text Kai, but then he stopped himself. Soobin figured calling him would be easier. The phone rang a few times and Soobin was about to hang up when Kai finally answered.