VI

"What are you getting all dolled up for?" Beomgyu asked from his bed as he watched Kai go to check his appearance in the mirror for this sixth time in a row.

"I have a date!" Kai smugly declared.

Beomgyu smiled at the boy who still appeared unsatisfied with the way he presented himself, "Is it actually a date Kai or are you just hanging out with a boy."

"I-I" Kai's face reddened as he became flustered, "It's a d-date!"

"Kai."

"Okay fine," Kai let out a dramatic sigh and leaned against the wall, "It's not a date, at least not yet." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes playfully, "Well I hope you have a good time."

"Me too," Kai grinned as he looked at himself in the mirror once again.

"So who are you hanging out with?"

Kai nervously laughed.

"Who is it?" Beomgyu tilted his head.

"Soobin."

"Oh," Beomgyu paused for a moment before grabbing a book off of his dresser, "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will!" Kai flashed him a thumbs up. Kai observed his outfit in the mirror. He was wearing a yellow jacket on top of a yellow striped turtleneck, along with grey pants, and yellow sneakers. He wanted Beomgyu's opinion on his outfit and looked back over at Beomgyu who seemed to be preoccupied with his book. 

Kai slightly frowned. 

He hoped he looked okay. 

Kai checked his phone and gasped. It was five minutes until three. 

Kai screeched, "I'm going to be late!"

Beomgyu jumped and went to say something to the younger but Kai had already rushed out of the door. 

-

Soobin sat on the couch, only half paying attention to the mediocre television show that was playing. He checked his phone for the third time. It was three-twelve and there was still no message from Kai.

"I guess he didn't want to hang out after all," Soobin shrugged.

Soobin originally wanted to relax but now that it's the next day he wanted to do something, anything, and preferably with someone else. He though about what other people he could hang out with, but Soobin didn't have many friends.

He only ever hung out with the same three people his entire life and none of them are good options right now.

Soobin hates Taehyun's guts.

Soobin already told Yeonjun that he didn't want to hang out because he wanted to rest.

Soobin physically can't hang out with Chungho because he's been dead for who knows how many years now.

And that's it.

Soobin doesn't have anyone else.

Soobin slouched his shoulders and closed his eyes. He began replaying old memories in his mind.

Everything was so much simpler then.

Everyone got along and we're all happy.