II

It was the next day and Kai was panicking. 

Soobin was nowhere to be found.

He knew they should have exchanged numbers but Kai was too nervous to ask.

Feeling defeated, he took a seat on the couch and buried his face in his hands. Kai's job was to watch over Soobin. It's only the second day and he already failed. 

Kai thought about calling Nurse Choi, but he didn't want to risk losing his position.

Not knowing what else to do, Kai just decided to wait until Soobin came back. He had to make sure the taller boy was okay, even if that meant he stayed a little bit longer. Soobin will come back home tonight, right?

-

Soobin made his way into the all too familiar abandoned building. He noticed a few people were looking at him. They were probably talking about the events that happened yesterday. Soobin wouldn't be surprised if Taehyun took the opportunity to announce how he "brutally" beat up Soobin. 

Soobin noticed that San and Jongho were whispering some things and giggling. On the other side of the room Chanhee was not even trying to hide the fact that he was glaring at him. 

Soobin still couldn't believe how easily Taehyun was able to convince everyone that Soobin was a bad guy. They were a family. They were supposed to get along. They should all be working together to get rid of the outsider.

Whenever Soobin would try to bring it up they would just tell him that it was his fault Taehyun now a part of their gang. Which is true. Taehyun was Soobin's friend before he joined, but that doesn't mean he wants him here.

Pushing away his thoughts, Soobin focused on what he was doing here. Yeonjun texted him and said that Taehyun had done something unthinkable and Soobin needed to know what he was planning. 

Soobin made his way up the stairs, knowing Taehyun tended to stay in the last room on the top floor, and slowly opened the door.

Taehyun was sitting on his makeshift throne smiling down as his bat and Yeonjun was standing next to him. Taehyun looked up at Soobin and his face immediately dropped. 

"What do you want Soobin?"

"What did-"

"Don't tell me you're here for me to beat you up again," Taehyun whined, "I mean, I can do it, but my arm is still tired from yesterday and I don't want to mess up the new changes to my bat."

"It's not your bat," Soobin stated through gritted teeth.

The bat Taehyun was holding was a trophy passed down from leader to leader, starting when the Choi Family gang first started all the way back in the 1930s. Every leader would carve their full name into it to remind our family of the great leaders we've created. Most importantly, it is not supposed to be used for combat. It was for display only, but Taehyun doesn't seem to care. 

"And what do you mean by changes?" Soobin asked, realizing this must have something to do with what Yeonjun was talking about.

"I just added my name to the bat," Taehyun said.

"You're supposed to add your name to the bat after you've been a leader for a year," Soobin sighed, "It's only been three months since you've taken over."

"Well that's too bad because I already did it," Taehyun turned over the bat to reveal the word 'KANG' painted over the other names in bright red paint.

"What is wrong with you Taehyun?" Soobin shouted. He knew Taehyun didn't care much for our traditions and rules but he could have at least left alone the one thing that had sentimental value, "That's too far!"