XXIV

The first thing Kai noticed as soon as they arrived at his house was that the front door was wide open. There was a bad feeling in his gut but he pushed that feeling away and stormed into the house.

Nobody was there.

Both boys looked in every room but neither Soobin or Ryujin could be found. Kai looked at Beomgyu with fear in his eyes, "What do we do now?"

"They are probably at Ryujin's house."

"Where is that?" he asked frantically, "I've only been there once."

Beomgyu beckoned Kai to follow him. He's been there plenty of times during his time living at Gimpo. Beomgyu wasn't as worried as Kai so he was traveling a lot slower. Kai kept rushing him as he felt their time begin to dwindle.

Eventually they arrived and Kai banged on the door as hard as he could. Yeji was the one to open the door and she immediately noticed how scared Kai looked.

"Where's Soobin?"

Yeji looked over to the couch where Ryujin and Yuna sat and back to Kai, "Soobin? He's not here."

"No no no he has to be," Kai shook Yeji's shoulders, "Ryujin took him."

Yeji looked back over at Ryujin suspiciously and Kai forced himself inside. "Where is he?" Kai asked again and Ryujin glared at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she scowled, "Get out my house."

"You're lying!" Kai spat back, "Beomgyu hired you to kill him so tell me where he is!"

Yeji's eyes widened at the name.

"Are you aware of how stupid you sound?" she hissed back.

"Wait, is that guy you said is using your room Soobin?" Yuna gasped, "Are you actually trying to kill somebody!"

That's all Kai needed to hear. He immediately ran upstairs towards her bedroom and Ryujin bolted after him.

The two remaining girls just stared at each other, bewildered. 

"What just happened?" Yuna asked after a few seconds went by.

"I don't know," Yeji let out a bitter laugh, "All I know is that both Ryujin and Kai have been talking to Beomgyu and didn't tell me," she looked over at Yuna, "I don't know who to trust anymore. It hurts."

Beomgyu was still outside of the doorway and could hear their conversation. He sighed. Beomgyu wanted to talk to her again but he knows he fucked up big time and now wouldn't really be-

Yuna suddenly pointed at the doorway, "Isn't that him?"

Yeji quickly spun around and the two of them were both completely caught off guard. The girl didn't say anything and ran out of the house, pushing him out of the way. Yuna quickly followed her, making sure to call Beomgyu an asshole, before leaving. 

He watched in awe as the two girls walked away. A wide range of emotions were hitting him at once when suddenly he heard a bang coming from upstairs reminding him why he was here in the first place.

Beomgyu steadily made his way upstairs and into the room they were in. The scene in front of him was disturbing but not surprising considering the situation they were in. 

Soobin was tied up in the corner of the room. He was bloody, bruised, and unconscious. Ryujin had Kai pinned down with a knife threatening to cut out his only good eye. 

When Beomgyu finally entered the room Ryujin just looked up at him and scoffed, "It's about time you came in here you rat!"

"I got distracted," Beomgyu shrugged his shoulders.