XIII

Kai woke up the next morning feeling a bit colder than usual, which is weird considering the fact that it is the middle of spring. He reached his arms out to hold onto Soobin to keep himself warmer but he only grabbed air. He opened his eyes to see that his boyfriend was missing.

Reluctantly, he got up from bed and stumbled his way over to the door. Kai heard some music from downstairs but just to be sure he called out to Soobin and felt relieved when he got a response. He then made his way over to the bathroom to wash his face and put on his eyepatch. Afterwards, he made his way downstairs in his half-asleep state to go find Soobin.

"Good morning Baby," Soobin greeted as Kai shuffled his way into the kitchen.

"Hi," Kai hugged Soobin from behind, "What are you doing?"

"Making you breakfast before school starts," Soobin replied as he flipped the egg he was frying.

"What are you my dad or something?" Kai joked.

"No," Soobin laughed, "but I could be, if you know what I mean." It took  Kai a minute to understand what Soobin meant and once he got it the older boy received a slap in the stomach before Kai went to go sit down at the table.

"I'm only kidding," Soobin smiled as he grabbed a plate to place the food on, "but I just wanted to make sure you're able to eat today before you go to class. You sleep in so late that you never have time for breakfast."

"But you sleep just as late, if not later," Kai pointed out, "How come you're up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"How come?"

"That message from Beomgyu," Soobin sat down next to Kai and gave him his food, "I can't get that weird message from Beomgyu out of my head."

"What do you think it means?" Kai asked, "It almost sounds like some sort of threat."

Soobin shrugged, "I have no idea."

"Well I have a lot of weekend homework to do so I'm probably going to stay at my dorm until Monday," Kai explained, "Even though Beomgyu is ignoring me for some reason I can do my best to pry an answer out of him."

Soobin nodded in response before turning his attention to his own food. They continued with small talk until they were finished with their meals and it was time to clean up.

"What time is it?" Kai asked as he finished rinsing off their plates.

"Time for you to go."

"I don't want to," Kai whined, "I'm still tired."

"Well you have to go or else you're going to fall behind on your classes," Soobin reminded him, "Besides I have work today as well."

Kai looked at the older boy with a confused look on his face, "I thought Yeonjun kicked you out of the mission you were working on?"

"He did," Soobin hesitated, "but I got a call from Taehyun last night wanting me to come help out," Kai tensed up at the name and Soobin noticed so he placed his hand on Kai's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, "I doubt it's anything serious so do not worry."

Kai hissed, "I don't trust him."

"It'll be fine Kai," Soobin tried to assure him.

"No," Kai shook his head, "i definitely don't want to go to school now! I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Soobin scoffed, "I've been working with him for years you don't have anything to worry about."

"Are you sure?"