XXV

Kai frantically checked every room for any last minute changes that may need to be made in his little hospital. Everything was finally set in stone and the business was set to open tomorrow.

To say Kai was stressed would be an understatement. He has been dreaming about this moment for years now and it's finally coming true. He had to make sure everything was perfect.

The beds had to be perfect.

The waiting room had to be perfect.

The storage room had to be perfect.

The stairwell had-

Kai felt someone grab his shoulders causing him to jump and turn to face a smiling Soobin.

"Take it easy," the tall boy spoke, "Everything is good to go and you're just stressing  yourself out more than you need to be."

"You should be the one taking it easy," Kai pouted his lips, "You're not fully recovered from the attack."

"I'm fine," Soobin stated.

Kai wasn't having it and gave him puppy dog eyes, "But Soobin she hurt you a lot."

Soobin shrugged his shoulders, "I've dealt with worse."

"Soobin," Kai groaned.

Soobin playfully rolled his eyes, "What?"

"I don't like it when you get hurt."

He chuckled, "You should see the other guys who messed with me."

"Soobin," Kai's pout deepened. 

"Kai I'm fine," he placed a quick kiss on the younger boy's cheek, "Stop worrying so much about me."

"I can't help it."

"I'm more worried about you being so anxious about this place," Soobin admitted, "My injuries are fine."

"This is my dream!" Kai's eyes twinkled, "It has to be perfect!"

"Of course it's perfect because I helped build it." Kai lightly slapped his arm and Soobin dramatically grabbed where Kai had hit him, pretending to be hurt. "Ouch that hurt so bad!"

Kai froze up, geniuenly concerned, "Oh my God Soobin are you okay?"

Soobin couldn't hold in his laughter and once Kai realized what was going on he immediately frowned, "You're so mean!"

The older boy smirked, "Yet you're still with me."

Kai crossed his arms with a huff and turned the other way to continue double checking everything was in order.

"Hey where are you going?"

Kai ignored him and continued to walk away. Soobin tsked and called out to him but Kai still didn't respond. 

Kai was about to go upstairs but stopped when Soobin pulled him into a back hug. He began to place quick kisses on his neck causing giggles to escape Kai's lips. 

Once Kai caught himself he bit his lip to try to stop himself.

"You must like me a lot," Soobin teased, "You can't even stay mad at me for five minutes."

"S-shut up!"

"Nope," Soobin rested his head on Kai's shoulder, "You're too cute to be quiet about."

"And?"

Soobin was caught off guard, "Umm you're really talented."

"And?"