XIX

It's been about a month since Kai and Soobin moved into their not so little home. It took them about a get the house furnished and to settle in. It's finally starting to feel like an actual home to Kai. He's been continuing school online, which has been a tough change for him, but it's nothing he can't adapt too. Meanwhile, Soobin has been helping out around the house. He usually cooks and cleans but Soobin recently got a job at an auto-repair store and today was his first day.

That night Kai patiently waited on the couch, with legs crossed, for his boyfriend's arrival back home. As soon as he heard the door open he perked his head to see him walk in.

Soobin looked exhausted.

"Hey," Kai giggled, "Someone looks tired from their first day." Soobin grunted and took a seat next to Kai, laying his head in the younger boy's lap. "Do you like it?" Soobin let out a fake laugh. "Oh come on," Kai smirked, "It can't be that bad."

"It's so tedious and I don't get paid nearly as much as I used to," Soobin complained, "Kidnapping people is so much easier."

Kai slapped Soobin's head, "We're trying to get you out of that business, remember."

"I know, I know," Soobin sighed.

"Just curious," Kai paused for a moment, not sure how to phrase it without sounding offensive, "Is this your first real job?"

Soobin looked up at him, "Like my first job not related to the gang." Kai nodded. "Yeah it is."

"Ah," Kai began to play with Soobin's hair, "Well I'm proud of you."

"Proud of me?"

"Yeah," Kai smiled, "This is the first step to your life free of crime and I think we should celebrate."

"Celebrate?" Soobin's eyes flashed with amusement, "How so?"

"Well first," Kai ran his hand through Soobin's hair once more, "I think we should fix this."

"Fix what?"

"Your hair."

Soobin's expression immediately changed from wonder to offended. "What's wrong with my hair?" he asked with a pout on his face.

"Nothing nothing," Kai assured him, "The pink is just very faded and you let your roots grow out so long."

"Well I don't know anything about hair dye and stuff," Soobin admitted, "Yeonjun did my hair and now he's gone. I also don't want to go to a salon because they are too overpriced."

"You should just let me dye your hair," Kai suggested.

Soobin looked at him curiously, "I didn't know you knew about that kind of stuff."

"I don't."

"Hey!" Soobin sat up and covered his hair with his hands, "Are you trying to kill my hair?"

"No you idiot," Kai laughed, "I think it'll be fun to figure it out together. It can't be that hard."

Soobin slowly raised his hands down, "I wouldn't even know what color to dye it."

"Well that's easy," Kai grinned from ear to ear, "Just let me pick it. I can go to the store and pick it up while you make dinner."

"Kai-"

Kai placed a kiss on Soobin's cheek before running out the door.

"Kai!"

-

Soobin winced as Kai tugged on his hair in all different directions. The two boys sat on the floor in the bathroom. Kai said he didn't want Soobin to see himself in the mirror so the color would be a surprise but Soobin could very clearly the bright blue hair dye on the younger boy's gloves.