𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽 - 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝙸𝚗 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

We prepared for an ambush, but the cloaked people turned out to be Deputy Commander Hanji and Moblit, who brought news of the coup d'état's success.

As a result of Commander Erwin's actions, the end of the current royal regime was declared.

The announcement was made immediately after the military seized control of the capital, upon the very gallows constructed for Commander Erwin's execution.

She also revealed that the newspapers have printed the truth about the false charges against the Scouts, thanks to Flegel Reeves.

Our only mission now is to rescue Eren and Historia and eliminate those who get in the way.

We don't have to hide in the forest and attack others who want our heads for 'betraying' the government.

We are free people now.

The rest of the squad cheered. I chuckled as I watched Mikasa being suffocated by Sasha.

Connie jumped and kicked at nothing in particular as Jean fist-bumped the air. Captain Levi remained silent, but he was relieved.

"We did it, Y/n!" Armin suddenly wrapped his arms around me. His face was so close to mine that we were rubbing each other's cheeks.

If he switched angles or moved his face slightly to the right, our lips would've made contact.

My face heated up as I realized that he doesn't know how close he is. I shrugged and just accepted the hug.

"U-Uh, sorry!" Armin squeaked and quickly pulled away from the hug. His face heated up while mine had already calmed down.

"It's fine." I replied, bashfully looking away as the two of us just awkwardly stood there.

"I may have a lead on that. Let's get there and put an end to this battle." Deputy Commander Hanji held up a book.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

Right now, we are riding a wagon that is being driven by Armin. Across from me is Captain Levi and Deputy Commander Hanji.

Next to me is my fellow, female childhood friend, Mikasa, who was just silently sitting down.

Deputy Commander Hanji explained the contents of the report Erwin gave us.

Five years ago, there was an incident with the Reiss family on the day Wall Maria was breached.

Some bandits raided and set fire to the only chapel in the area, while the Reiss family was inside. The entire family, aside from Rod Reiss, was killed.

This was only a few days before Historia's mother was killed by the Interior Police, which meant that Rod Reiss sought Historia immediately after losing his family.

Captain Levi concluded that there must be something special about her bloodline.

Deputy Commander Hanji was still uncertain, but what concerns her is that parts of the chapel were completely wrecked despite having been made of stone.

And then after the chapel's destruction, Rod Reiss used his own fortune to rebuild it, strangely enough.

Because of that, Deputy Commander Hanji decided that it was worth checking the chapel out to clear our suspicions.