𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Good morning, Y/n!" Armin greeted me as he approached my figure with a gentle smile on his face.

"Hello, Armin. Sorry, I took too long, it was kind of difficult deciding what to wear." I apologized, playing with the hems of my shirt.

"No, I completely understand that. I had a difficult time as well. Shall we go?" Armin suggested. I gave him a nod.

The sun that day was a brilliant lantern, casting the everyday hues of the marketplace into vivid glows.

The market blooms upon the streets as if flowers spring from the concrete. It was truly a beautiful sight.

"Oh, a new library just opened up. I believe it just opened when Historia suggested a place for kids to read." Armin mentioned.

"That's very sweet of her. I'm glad we managed to make Historia the rightful queen." I sighed in relief.

"I can't help but agree with you on that one." Armin replied, glancing at the library from time to time.

"Would you like to take a look inside? It seemed to have piqued your interest, hasn't it?" I chuckled, beckoning him to check the place out.

"Was it that obvious?" he laughed and held the door open for me. I smiled and entered as he followed behind.

It looked like an ordinary library. There was a kid's section in the corner and actual literature on the opposite side.

Once you enter, there are rows of bookshelves with neatly arranged books in them. Some looked new and others seemed old.

There was also a librarian at the counter, just silently reading the newspaper that had been handed out earlier this morning.

I walked towards a bookshelf and took out a random book. Its spine attracted me, so I selected it amongst the rest.

I stared at the cover, it was simple and a little old-looking. The edges of the book looked worn out.

This book must be a very old one to have a dusty cover. The corners of the pages looked like they had been folded several times.

"Why don't we go over there to read? It's not occupied." Armin suggested, tapping my shoulder to grab my attention.

"Oh, did you grab a book while I was getting mine?" I questioned, following him to the table he mentioned.

"Yeah, you seemed kinda immersed in that book, so I didn't want to disturb you. I decided to find a book of my own." Armin explained.

"Ah, did I really?" I sweatdropped. Was it that obvious? I wonder why I rushed to that book. I'll have to find out.

"It was. Here." he said, pulling my chair back for me to sit. Oh my, how sweet of him. What a gentleman.

"Thank you." I thanked him, taking a sit. He nodded and sat in the chair across from me. I just silently watched him sit down.

"What is it?" he asked. I shook my head, telling him that it was nothing. He shrugged it off as I buried my head into my book.

We were so absorbed in our books that we didn't realize how long it had been. It's already been an hour.

I couldn't help myself. I don't usually read books since Armin would often read them to me when we were kids.

Honestly, I miss our childhood. We were so young and innocent. We were happy and curious like small puppies who never knew what their owners were saying.