𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 - 𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"We shall now begin the enlistment ceremony for the 104th Training Corps! Unfortunately for you, I, Keith Shadis, have been assigned to be your instructor! I have not the slightest intention to welcome you!" he introduced himself.

"As you are now, you're all mere cattle who exist to fatten up the Titans! You're nothing more than that!" he insulted all of them.

"We'll take you useless degenerates and make something out of you over the next three years! We'll drill the methods of fighting Titans into you!" he proclaimed.

"In three years, when you find yourself before a Titan, will you still be mere prey?! Or will you be an honorable wall that protects its king? Or perhaps a glorious soldier of mankind that exterminates the Titans?!" he began to ramble on.

Keith Sadies, the commandant of the 104th Cadet Corps, is psychologically breaking down the new cadets as a rite of passage to break them down so they can rebuild them as soldiers.

As an officer and his attendant pass by, they notice Sadies does not subject a few cadets to this abuse.

The officer simply notes that their expressions distinguish them from the rest of the group as being present to the fall of Wall Maria two years earlier.

These cadets are shown to be Annie Leonhart, Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertholdt Hoover, Eren Jaeger, and Ymir, though Armin Arlelt is ironically not spared.

Keith Shadis passes by Y/n but went back to check her expression. Noticing the boiling anger, he brushed her off and walked past her.

"Like that one over there. She may look like she doesn't care, but in her eyes, you can see her burning hatred." the officer pointed at the young lady with h/c hair.

As their commandant continues to go down the line, he notices Sasha Braus eating a stolen potato.

Everyone is stunned at her complete lack of tact in eating the potato at that exact moment.

"What the?" Y/n mumbled to herself, staring at the young lady eating a freshly steamed potato, in disbelief.

As Shadis attempts to understand why she is eating the potato, Sasha splits her potato in half and gives him a piece before smirking, saying that they can share it.

Later, Eren, Armin, Marco, Connie, Mina, and Y/n watch Sasha do her punishment, which is running until exhaustion.

Y/n noticed that this punishment did not faze Sasha as much as when she was told she would not be given any dinner.

"What's that?" Eren questioned, staring at the covered carriage with people inside.

"The dropouts. They opted to be transferred to reclaimed land." Mina answered.

"What? But it's still only the first day." Armin argued.

"It's only natural. The useless have no choice but to leave." Y/n finally spoke up.

Marco, one of the cadets, remembered that Eren and Y/n were not asked to state their name and birthplace.

Eren revealed that he, Y/n, and Armin are from Shiganshina District.