𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹 - 𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚝

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Lada!" I screamed and quickly shut my mouth when I scanned the area around me. I was on top of Wall Rose.

"You had a nightmare?" Armin asked, making me nod as I averted my gaze somewhere else.

I wiped away the small tears that were threatening to fall. I need to be strong. Crying won't help in eradicating the Titans.

Armin and I began talking about what had recently happened and how I passed out.

Mikasa woke up and surveyed the aftermath of the battle. She immediately questioned us about Eren's fate.

Armin informed her that Eren and Ymir were taken away by Reiner and Bertholdt, and five hours have passed since the Titans' battle ended.

Mikasa is shocked to hear that no one is pursuing them, but Armin showed her that we must wait for lifts to bring their horses over the Wall.

I also add that all of the Survey Corps officers were heavily injured by Bertholdt's Titan, meaning reinforcements are needed.

Mikasa's head began to ache, but she insisted that it is from her concussion.

She recalled how Levi and her were able to rescue Eren from the Female Titan some days ago, but hope for Eren's rescue is now bleak since five hours have passed.

"Why...why does Eren always have to leave us like this?" Mikasa sighed, putting on her scarf.

Armin believed that it is natural, but Mikasa expressed her desire to simply be close to him.

"Oh, Mikasa, Y/n, you two are finally awake, huh? You all must be hungry, take this." Hannes announced his presence.

Hannes handed something to Mikasa, who took it. He walked over to me and made sure to throw it at a hard spot.

"Agile as ever." Hannes laughed as I caught the object in between my two fingers. I held it in my hand and stared at it.

"Armin, catch." Hannes threw the object at Armin. Armin clumsily tried to grab the object, but it was tossed into the air when he accidentally hit it up.

It went towards me, so I grabbed it and switched it with mine. I'm guessing the object must be food.

Based on how many times Armin had dropped it, it should be cracked, so I exchanged mine with his.

I wouldn't want him to eat something crushed. I'm sure Armin didn't even notice the swap. That's good.

"It's just the usual field rations, though." Hannes sighed, biting into his own food.

I stared at my ration and didn't bother to eat it. I'm not hungry. I don't feel like eating. I have no appetite for it.

"Things haven't really changed much, have they? Ever since you were kids, you three always had to be the ones cleaning up after that brat's messes. What a spoiled kid he is. I swear." Hannes remarked.

"These may be different times we live now, but things are the same as ever for you kids. Am I right?" Hannes questioned.

"Almost. The bullies we have to deal with now are a little bit bigger than before." Armin lightly chuckled.

"Yeah...but the thing is, that brat isn't even any good in a fight. But he'll still charge in headfirst, whether he's up against three people or five." he sighed.

That's why he's nicknamed, 'the reckless idiot'. He always charging in without knowing a thing or two about fighting.

"He's always got beaten up by the time Mikasa, Y/n, or some soldier showed up to save him. But you know..." Hannes paused, making us turn to him.