𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

And so, 218 trainees made it to graduation.

"Dedicate your hearts!" some dude yelled. We all put our right fist on our hearts and our other hand behind our back.

"Yes, sir!" we all yelled back, straightening our posture to look like we mean it. Well, we have to mean it.

"From this day forth, all of you who have graduated from being trainees have three options." he told us.

Firstly, the Garrison Regiment, which is responsible for wall fortification and defending the towns.

Secondly, the Survey Corps, which resolutely ventures outside the wall into Titan territory.

And lastly, the Military Police Brigade, which governs the citizens and maintains order within the Walls.

"Of course, only those that we previously announced to be ranked amongst the top ten trainees can select the third option." he reminded.

We've all made it this far. This time, we'll be the ones to devour. I stood next to Mikasa with a calm expression.

"Are you seriously passing up the Military Police Brigade, Eren?"

"But you're one of just ten people allowed to enlist."

As we, graduates, are celebrating, Thomas Wagner questions Eren's decision to join the Survey Corps as he sees it as a hopeless struggle with many lives lost.

Eren argues that the knowledge about Titans was gained at the expense of those who died and that to throw away their sacrifice would be a disgrace.

I don't disagree with him. He has a point and he's not one to be a coward. It's only natural for him to go with the Survey Corps.

"I'll...exterminate every last Titan and escape these confining walls! That's my dream. Mankind hasn't truly been defeated just yet!" Eren angrily yelled, storming out of the room.

"Oh my, there he goes again." I sighed as the three of us, Mikasa, Armin, and I ran to catch up to Eren.

When the two were ahead of me, I slowed down my pace which seemed to gain their attention.

I turned around to face Thomas Wagner. I understand his confusion and his reason to ask Eren such a thing. But...

"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?" I questioned. They looked at me, stunned.

(A/N: A quote from Bob Marley)

I turned around and ran to catch up with the rest of my childhood friends that I grew up with back in Shiganshina.

"Eren, what's that dream you mentioned earlier?" Armin questioned him.

I took a seat near him but not that close. Armin took a seat next to me. Mikasa sat down next to Eren, but she was a few steps up.

"Oh, it's what you told me about. Going outside instead of staying here." Eren replied.

"I'll enlist in the Survey Corps." Armin announced.

"Armin, are you sure? You're the best at academic courses and to be honest, you're not the best when it comes to physical strength." I retorted.

"I'd rather die than become a burden." Armin turned to look at me.

"I'll choose the Survey Corps too." Mikasa informed.

"Come on, you're the top of our class. Go with the Military Police Brigade!" Eren argued.