𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 - 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

After that day, I was able to get back on my own two feet. My body felt better and I didn't have my usual headaches anymore.

I'm assuming I only fainted due to exhaustion. Did I overwork myself that much?

Erwin Smith, the commander of the Survey Corps, stood before us to have the soldiers join his branch.

He explained the future mission of the regiment and even revealed the information about the basement of Eren's old house.

That's odd, way too odd. Why would he reveal such a thing? Could it be to pique their interest? There has to be an ulterior motive.

However, Commander Erwin also told us about the grim future of a soldier in the Survey Corps, in the last 4 years, 60% have died.

He ended his speech and then dismissed those who want to join other divisions.

As many people begin leaving, I stayed put in my spot. Yeah, I've seen how Titans eat people, but that doesn't matter to me.

What matters is that I annihilate the disgusting species that murdered my older sister.

"Goodbye, Y/n. We promised to eat donuts when we grow older. Don't die." Annie reminded, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I nodded. I saw a small smile on her face before she left. I can't die yet, but I won't cower in fear, either.

Mikasa, Armin, and other soldiers, including me, saluted. Commander Erwin praised us for overcoming our fears.

"Now then, I accept all of you that remain as new Survey Corps soldiers! This will be a true salute!" he announced.

"Dedicate your hearts!" he saluted as we saluted back. It's quite amusing. How people chose to join the Survey Corps even after seeing...them.

Commander Erwin glanced at me. He flinched at first but quickly turned away. Is there something on my face?

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

"Salute!" the man before us ordered. We did as we were told and saluted with our fists on top of where our hearts should be.

"I'm Squad Leader Ness. And this is my favorite horse, Shallot." the man introduced himself and the horse.

"She likes chewing on hair, so watch out if you don't want to go bald." he warned us about the bad habit of his favorite horse.

"Good for you, Connie, you won't have to deal with that." I joked. He gives me an overdramatic and offended gasp.

"Nice to meet you." just as he said that, the horse began to chew on the piece of cloth on top of his head.

He begged for us to stop Shallot, his horse, but we only remained still and watched him get chewed on by a horse.

The training that began the next day, consisted mainly of studying the long-distance scouting formation.

Apparently, this was devised by Commander Erwin, rather than field training.

Strangely enough, despite its detailed nature, Eren's position was nowhere to be seen, but I can understand that.

We never know what is lurking amongst us, recruits. There could be a traitor, someone who plans to sabotage, or others.

"You recruits will be here, between the wagon escort squad and scout support squad." he pointed at a different part on the board.