𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸 - 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A steady rain begins to fall as we regroup atop Wall Rose. An unconscious Ymir on a stretcher is carefully raised to the top of the Wall.

How many times do I have to be lied to? No, 'lied to' isn't really the right term to use for this situation.

Who do I trust? No, there is no need to trust anyone anymore. You don't need others. It's fine.

How many more are going to betray mankind? I'm not sure. That will make it 4 if Ymir sides with the other three.

Although Reiner and Berthholdt are still under suspicion, I already know they're the traitors.

How? It's obvious. There's plenty of evidence.

If you continue to submit to your emotions, refusing to believe in the evidence displayed, you will only turn a blind eye.

If you doubt the evidence presented and allow your emotions to take over, then you will never get anywhere in life.

It's okay if you want to believe, but don't allow facts to get out of your line of vision. You will only lose that way.

"Y/n, a little help, please." Armin's voice brought me back to reality. I awoke from my train of thoughts.

I looked down and saw Armin trying to climb the 50-meter wall with only his ODM gear.

"Oh, sorry." I apologized for not noticing him there earlier. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

I had to stand up in the process for Armin to get on top of the Wall. I then notice Eren, Reiner, and Berthholdt having a chat with one another.

"What are you talking about? It's already happened to me once before! Right, Armin?" Reiner turned to the man I was holding hands with.

"Wha-" Armin squeaked when he noticed that he was still holding onto my hand. He staggered backward and nearly fell.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, taking my hand back this time once he was steadily standing on the Wall.

He apologized to me and rubbed his nape sheepishly, saying that he shouldn't have freaked out over silly things.

Reiner then recalls the time he was nearly killed by the Female Titan's grip during the 57th Exterior Scouting Mission.

He states that Armin witnessed the horrid scene of Reiner nearly getting killed in front of Armin.

Reiner worries that he will soon be dead at this rate, a soldier's life wearing down his mind faster than his body.

"I made the decision to become a soldier on my own, but it sure as hell isn't easy. I think my mind is going to give out before my body does." Reiner sighed.

"Well, we're not done fixing the Wall yet, so I should save the whining for later." Reiner said. This made me fall silent.

Eren acknowledged that both Reiner and Bertholdt have been away from their hometown for a long while and his stress is understandable.

Bertholdt became...strangely enthusiastic, encouraging Reiner that they should return to their hometown soon.

I wonder, where exactly is your hometown?

Reiner agreed though Eren, Armin, and I are confused by the sudden turn in the conversation.

In the meantime, the mission to seal the Wall should be our primary focus for today.

As Hanji worries over the probable Titan issue, Captain Hannes and the Garrison advance squad arrive with news of the breach situation

However, when Hannes ascends the Wall, he informs the Scouts present that no hole was found in the Wall from Trost to Krolva.