𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺 - 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Lada!" I screamed, reaching out to her. I looked around and realized I was in an unfamiliar room.

This is...a jail cell?

"Bad dream?" Armin guessed as he approached my cell. I shook my head in reply.

"I just felt like...I had a very long dream. No wait, those were Lada's memories." I mumbled, placing my hand on my head.

"Lada..." I whimpered, missing her warm embraces and soft kisses on my cheek and forehead.

"From the bottom of my heart...I love you."

Her last words echoed in my head. My heart ached as I realized that it wasn't the Titans who devoured her. It was me.

I still can't bring myself to believe it. I'm a Titan shifter like Eren. And the reason for my sister's death isn't because of a Titan, it was because of me.

No, don't think like that, Y/n. Lada gave you this power. She chose you to handle whatever this flying creature is.

"Y/n..." I heard the sound of keys shuffling. I looked up and saw Armin entering my cell.

"Armin?" I called out, staring at him questionably. I was suddenly wrapped in his arms, his chin resting at the crook of my neck.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close, gently rubbing my arm.

Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his.

I sunk into the warmth of Armin's side, appreciative of the simple but kind gesture.

His touch made the room warmer somehow, my future within the walls seeming a little less bleak.

"As much as possible, I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I don't want to let you go." Armin whispered.

"Armin, what are you saying?" I inquired, noticing how his grip around me was a little tighter, but he was careful enough to avoid hurting me.

"You had a long dream just like Eren, right? It was about the life of the previous owner of your Titan." he mentioned.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. No wonder why Commander Erwin and Captain Levi always looked at me in pain.

Deputy Commander Hanji would always give me a smile, but her eyes always looked sad and lonely.

"The Owl said it was called Ymir's Curse. Ymir herself died thirteen years after she acquired her powers." Eren spoke.

I heard him from the left, so I'm assuming he's in the jail cell to my left. Perhaps Mikasa is to my right?

"So I have thirteen years to live." Armin stated. Thirteen years?

"Eight years...not even that." Eren said.

"I was injected 5 years ago by Lada, the previous bearer of the Soaring Titan." I brought up.

"5 years ago? Doesn't that mean you only have 8 years to live as well?" Eren questioned in shock.

"No, apparently that curse doesn't apply to the Soaring Titan. That curse will apply once the bearer transforms for the first time." I retorted.

"Meaning, you only have thirteen years to live as well?" Armin finally let go of the hug, but he sat next to me.

"Yeah..." I nodded in reply.

"No. That information is wrong. It's not true." Mikasa refused to believe the undeniable fact.