𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷 - 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙶𝚘

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"How about Y/n?! We have to go save her! I'm sure she's alive somewhere down there!" Eren argued with Erwin.

"Do you think anyone can survive a fall like that after getting skewered by a blade?" Erwin retorted.

"Commander, we can't leave her!" Mikasa shouted, anger boiling inside of her at the thought of leaving her only female friend.

"Like I said, we can't. We have no choice but to abandon her. Searching for her will only delay the operation." he pointed out.

"We can save her once we're finished plugging up the inner gate." Erwin told them.

"You're lying to yourself." Armin finally spoke up, trying to hold back his sobs at the thought of leaving Y/n behind.

"Excuse me?" Erwin turned around, surprised by what Armin just said to him.

"You're lying to yourself. You want to save her, too." Armin claimed.

"Of course, I want to save a fellow soldier of humanity, but we can't delay the operation." he admitted.

"You're lying again! Y/n isn't just a, 'fellow soldier of humanity', to you at all! She's more than that, isn't she? That's why you pay more attention to her! That's why you always scan our faces in search of her! Y/n is more than just a soldier to you!" Armin panted for air after yelling that out.

"I admit, she is more than just a soldier to me. But because of that, I will not allow my emotions to get in the way of reaching the basement." Erwin replied, nonchalantly.

"Hey, you brats. Do you really think that psycho won't go down without a fight? You think she didn't use her ODM gear to land safely in a house?" Levi walked up to them.

The three of them sighed, realizing that their superiors were right and that they had no choice but to hope for Y/n's safety.

It had already been an hour after Y/n's disappearance. This made the other soldiers worry, but they recalled Erwin and Levi's words.

The three childhood friends of Y/n even considered abandoning the mission to search for their friend, but they knew they'd be punished afterwards.

The three had to put their faith in Y/n's perseverance. They had to trust her.

Meanwhile...

Y/n fluttered her eyes open to be met with a ceiling that was not familiar to her.

"Where am I?" Y/n whispered, sitting up, only to wince at the sudden aching of her legs and arms, especially her back.

"Oh yeah...Reiner stabbed me. To think Armin was right about a person hiding inside the Walls...that man never fails to amuse me." Y/n mumbled to herself.

"Eren...Mikasa...Armin...how long had I been passed out? Are they still fighting?" Y/n tried to stand up, but her legs gave up on her.

"Not yet...not until I keep my promise...to see the ocean with Armin..." Y/n muttered, standing back up, stumbling a little.